No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis Vs Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Vitali's style was much more suited to give Lewis trouble than Wladimirs.

Manny Steward has been using his tall-man formula on Wlad since he joined team Klitschko to great success, but I think Lennox was a little more ferocious and mixed his punches up more in the early rounds.

Damn good fight, but I got to go with Lennox.

agreed....

Comment

Wlad wins by KO.

Comment

Lennox by KO as soon as he gets inside, that lean **** that works on smaller weak fighters would get Wlad murdered by a sick uppercut from Lennox.

Comment

prime lewis ko inside 4 rounds. out of shape lewis that beat vitali, still ko in 4 rounds. wlad is a great fighter but vitali's style just matches up better with past greats. wayyyy tougher than wlad. if wlad was as tough, had the chin/fighters mentality of vitali he would be far superior, but he doesnt and those things make vitali the better fighter of the two.

Comment

Lennox would have ko'd Wlad, and would UD Vitali, prime for prime.

The Klitschko's aren't beating Ali, Foreman, Holmes, or Lewis prime for prime.

Comment

Lewis would destroy Wlad.

Comment

Wladimir is just as skilled as Lennox and argubly have a harder right hand. Both are great fighters and Wladimir is a sure fire top 10 ATG.

The main issue for Wlad is against the best version of Lewis, he will face a styles nightmare.

Lennox got a much better inside game, great upper cut and a variety of dirty rough house tactics that Wlad seldom use or seen. Wladimir will also lose his weight/size advantage against a fellow 6'5-6'6 245+ pound super heavy who's just as skilled and just as strong.

These two are truely the greatest superheavys in the history of boxing.

Neither have great chins, but both have underrated chins. I actually don't think Lennox's strategy would have been to 'bomb' Wladimir out, he would have fought an extremely cautious fight and the two will jab each other to sleep before the explosion in the mid rounds when Lennox take it inside and eventually end it with an upper cut.

Prime vs Prime is actually no where NEAR as interesting as Young vs Young.

Take away Manny Steward from both fighters and give us the
                Razer Ruddock version of Young Lennox vs the Monte Barrett/Chris Byrd version of Young Wladimir. That would have been a slug fest.

It's not disrespect btw to Wladimir in saying Lennox is really all wrong for him. The style is just very tough for Wladimir. Just like Wladimir will have a great chance of giving Prime Ali a tough tough fight, but Vitali would have lost most of the rounds against a Prime Ali.

Vitali's style is perfect for a Prime Ali to counter.

Wladimir in his prime is like a cautious careful version of Lewis. If you watch the Lewis that fought Tua and watch Wlad vs David Haye, a lot of the movements and tactics were the same . The differences is since the brutal knock outs he suffered, we never seen the 'aggressive' version of Wladimir ever again, he got cautious Lennox down to a tee but have stopped emulating the aggressive version of Lennox a long time ago.
                Last edited by FightScorer; 11-07-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Lewis takes it.

The size is even, the skillset similar but Lewis has an inside game, better punch variety and is the natural fighter. Lewis was able to drag a fight into the gutter if he needed to, and I think that's where wlad would unravel

Also I'm not sure why people are certain that wlad has the better straight right

Lewis' straight right was absolutely brutal aswell, but he was able to knock fighters out with various other punches so it wasn't as prominent as Wlads, which Is his go to punch

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Lewis takes it.

The size is even, the skillset similar but Lewis has an inside game, better punch variety and is the natural fighter. Lewis was able to drag a fight into the gutter if he needed to, and I think that's where wlad would unravel

Also I'm not sure why people are certain that wlad has the better straight right

Lewis' straight right was absolutely brutal aswell, but he was able to knock fighters out with various other punches so it wasn't as prominent as Wlads, which Is his go to punch
                    Because everyone knows what will really happen, but Wlad is such a nice guy that a lot of people wanna at least give him something in a Lennox vs Wlad debate.

We decided to pick the 'straight right' because it is the most believable.
                    '

Comment

I see Lewis destroying Wlad, but I also see Lewis giving Wlad respect and not taking a lot of chances like he did against Holyfield. If it ended early, it would be Lewis knocking out Wlad. I think Lewis would easily win a decision as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X