Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye have gone with Roach and Ariza?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should David Haye have gone with Roach and Ariza?

I was wondering this all day, roach is a mastermind of ambush fighting, which is pretty much what David Haye does at a slightly lower level, Ariza is one of the best conditioners out there and would have worked on upping Hayes workrate and punch numbers.

I think they would have been a good match, that ship has sailed now, but do you think it would have benefited Haye to go to a world class team a few years ago?

yup, booth simply is not a world-class trainer, he's a domestic trainer

someone like haye needs guidance from experience...his camp did not have a clue, you could tell everytime booth talked.

Emanuel has done wonders for wlads career and it just goes to show a great trainer is crucial

haye is still young, wlad changed trainers in his 30's and improved his style, i believe haye can too, if he wants to carry on

if he sticks with booth he might as well retire

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
      I was wondering this all day, roach is a mastermind of ambush fighting, which is pretty much what David Haye does at a slightly lower level, Ariza is one of the best conditioners out there and would have worked on upping Hayes workrate and punch numbers.

I think they would have been a good match, that ship has sailed now, but do you think it would have benefited Haye to go to a world class team a few years ago?
      Roach is limited as a trainer of things do not go his fighters way.Roach has never been able to ask his fighter to change tactics in the middle of the fight.This explains why Roach fighters often get an asswhooping while waiting for the bell to finish the fight.In that regard Roach and Adam Booth are the same kind of trainers,only good when things are working.

Haye's strategy is to hit and not get hit and if I was Haye I would hook up with any of the Mayweathers.That would make Haye even more solid,give him a chance to improve his inside fighting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post

If David Haye retires after one loss at Heavyweight then shame on him. Its not like he got Brewstered or anything. At 30, he is just a trainer away from being good just like Wlad and Lennox were.

Comment

Haye didn't fight bad last night. He just didn't have an answer for Klitschko's size and elusiveness.

Even though Klitschko won most of the rounds, a lot of them were close, and Haye could have stolen them with a few more right hands here and there.

A change of trainers would be very beneficial to him at this stage of his career. He needs a fresh approach.

While he may never beat a Klitschko, if he stays active, he will get the opportunity to win a title again. And maybe, just maybe, beat a Klitschko before he truly retires.

Comment

Roach? No. Booth is fine.

Ariza? Yes.

If Haye could put on 15-20 pounds, still be effective, and not gas out he would be a much better Heavyweight. If anyone can achieve that, it's probably Ariza.

Comment

Has Roach trained a heavyweight in his life?

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                Has Roach trained a heavyweight in his life?
                yes james toney and we all know how much he loved roids.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                  Roach is limited as a trainer of things do not go his fighters way.Roach has never been able to ask his fighter to change tactics in the middle of the fight.This explains why Roach fighters often get an asswhooping while waiting for the bell to finish the fight.In that regard Roach and Adam Booth are the same kind of trainers,only good when things are working.

Haye's strategy is to hit and not get hit and if I was Haye I would hook up with any of the Mayweathers.That would make Haye even more solid,give him a chance to improve his inside fighting skills.
                  lol inside fighting skills and mayweather should not be put in the same sentence.
                  Last edited by ColdZero00; 07-03-2011, 03:25 AM.

Comment

no, he fought the perfect fight, that was as good as he can do against wlad considering wlad's head pulling and leaning

on the inside you just get your energy sapped vs wlad, and haye was just too small

Comment

Working...
                    X