No announcement yet.

Mayweather Promises excitement, not moving, bringing pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
    Actually was agreeing to hueys statement about *******s, wasn't paying attention and didnt notice it was towards you specifically, I don't think your a *******.
    Cool, because im pumped about this fight and ive said a few times on here that this was a brilliant move by floyd. He's basically shi Tting on manny's last 3 fights by coming back and fighting a certified young buck contender (the only one at ww)....

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
      Pacquiaos answer after the lady asked him about the roid allegations : mmm aaa mmmmmmmma aaaaaaa mmmm aaaa mmmmmm eeemmm mmmmm aaaa you know mmmmm aaaaaaa mmmmm aaaaaaaaa eeeeemmmmmmmm aaaaaaaaaaa mmmmmmm aaaaaaaa

Now let's put you in his shoes shall we?

They ask you a question in Tagalog (not your second language), how do you think you will fare, you feeble minded ******?

I bet you will also be a lost for words if you are speaking in a different tongue.

You wreak of the stupid gene f@ggot!

Comment

You just don't like his style, if a boxer is gonna be over aggressive he is going to lure him in, and counter, why not make it easier on himself, plus if you ever notice, he walks forward a lot and only steps back when the boxer throws at him, as part of his defense. Corrales didn't move up, he was the 130lb champion, Hatton was a former Welter champ.

Yes Floyd is a pure boxer, he sucks offensively? The most accurate boxer in compubox history, his offense sucks, dude come on. What are you watching.

C'mon, lets not pretend that ww strap hatton had was really legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I've seen all those fights. He was fighting off his back leg and running/clinching/throwing elbows/ducking below his opponents waist and hardly threw any punches in those fights. Yea some of them ended in KO's but that was because that fighter had to move up to fight Floyd (Corrales, Hatton) and/or had ZERO headmovement and were walking punching bags like Gatti.

I don't hate pure boxers. Floyd isn't a pure boxer because hes sucks offensively. James Toney has the same defensive style as Floyd but is more a "Pure Boxer" because he has great offense. Floyd is more Malinaggi than James Toney.
          corrales moved up in weight to fight floyd? did u really mean that?lol wow just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Cool, because im pumped about this fight and ive said a few times on here that this was a brilliant move by floyd. He's basically shi Tting on manny's last 3 fights by coming back and fighting a certified young buck contender (the only one at ww)....
            Yup me too. I live far away from Vegas but I'm going for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
              No exciting fights? What are you talking about?

Mayweather vs. Corrales
              Mayweather vs. Gatti
              Mayweather vs. Corley
              Mayweather vs. Augustus *IMO his most exciting fight*

This is what happens when the only fighter you watch is Pacquiao.
              To be honest, I think that's the type of fighter that gives Mayweather fits. When Augustus (Burton) fought Mayweather, he didn't let Mayweather dictate the pace in the ring and allowed less time for him to think in there. Which is why I think that a fighter like PWill or James Kirkland would actually give Mayweather problems because they have a one track gameplan: Pressure and throw.

Of course, Augustus is a genius in his own right, since he also is able to think in the ring, but for that particular fight against Mayweather, he pushed him to the brink by using non-stop pressure, head movement, angles, he went upstairs and to the body.

Then again, Mayweather was coming off a long layoff and a switch at trainer between Sr. and Roger. We were able to see the offensive Mayweather come out in force but the sharpness and defense wasn't nearly as crisp as it was with Sr. in the corner.
              Last edited by deejd; 06-28-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                If Ortiz can apply smart pressure and not get to reckless he might not have a choice in standing and exchanging more he is 34 and he has slowed a bit in recent fights not to mention this lay-off
                Let's hope Ortiz can do it to bring out the best out of Floyd. If not, then he's just gonna outbox Ortiz comfortably. If you can't force him to fight at your level[Take him out of his comfort zone], then he'll just outbox you comfortably. It's not that hard to comprehend really. Think about it, he doesn't have to work as hard as any other Boxers to lands his punches, it's up to his opponents to try to work harder than him to lands their punches first.
                Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-28-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  C'mon, lets not pretend that ww strap hatton had was really legit.
                  Collazo is always a hard fight, I'm not saying it was legit fight, just pointing out that it wasn't first rodeo at Welter.

Comment

Collazo is always a hard fight, I'm not saying it was legit fight, just pointing out that it wasn't first rodeo at Welter.
                    It was legit, but it showed ricky wasnt an elite ww. But i dont want to argue the past cuz its been done to death.........

This will be the second floyd fight in a row that im excited about (shane was a total letdown in the floyd fight, and floyd was a minor one because he fought so passively when he had shane hurt).

Its been since '03 that i can say this.

Comment

Yea lets not pretend he hasn't had plenty of exciting fights, everyone has some duds and boring fights, but like I said its his style, he likes to control the pace. And also its him in the ring not us. He's the one boxing, he's gonna get the win regardless if its exciting or not, and like dude said you know his style and his fights if you don't like, don't tune in. Against Ortiz you can't let him control the pace And pressure, you gotta get him moving back, ie Maidana and Peterson

Comment

Working...
                      X