Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what i/you thought Paul Williams could've been.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
    Never really liked him, from his goofy arrogant attitude, to his excessive use of "nam sayin'" and his style for his height was always dumb to me.

He made it this far on his workrate, now he's got nothin to rely on

Paul Williams arrogant? I don't see that one... I've met him 5 times (I live in the same city where he is from) and he is the most humble, coolest guy you'd ever meet..

Anyway, I thought and still think that Paul will give everyone at 154 and 160 lbs real trouble. A KO loss really isn't a big deal as people make it out to be; if anything, a little caution will serve Paul well. His workrate is the best in boxing, along with his stamina. He is far from shot and I think he can make alot of moves and win belts before he decides to hang 'em up..

And really, too many people hyped him to be Tommy Hearns because he is tall. I'll never forget the first fight I saw him in. His height was amazing, reach incredible, speed/movement pretty good. Then I saw him eat a left hook out of no-where and I knew that his chin was his real defense.

He is no Hearns. Its easy to try and pattern Williams after Hearns because of height. I dont use height, I study hydration weights. Ive heard a rule of thumb that your hydrate weight is your walkaround weight. If that's true, Paul Williams is about 165 lbs, on average, walking. Essentially he is a Middleweight, albeit a little on the light side. Paul will likely not go to 168lbs and he sure as **** will NEVER go to 175lbs+, those guys routinely hydrate to Light-Cruiserweights (190 lbs).

Paul will more than likely stay between 154-160 lbs and win a couple titles on the way. Barring something catastrophic, I believe he will have a pretty good career from here on out. He's not the most technical, but on a given day, he'd tax most fighters.

Comment

Not sure what could've been is suppose to signify other than 1st Quintana fight who he destroyed in 1, he beat everybody he was put in front of nobody at WW wanted anything to do with him Margacheato was a pretty good W at the time i'd say
      Kelly didn't show any interest in getting in the ring with him pulled out twice.
      So he went to the next best fighter out there Serg showed his true merit and won 1 and lost 1
      He ended up being exactly what he was supposed to be a very good fighter with a solid resume and an exiting watch don't know what else he could've done?
      Could he of adjusted the pressure volume punching reckless method he fought with to a more controlled taller longer mans fight maybe but that wasn't his mentality and it was evident early on in his career.
      Very interested in seeing how he does or doesn't bounce back we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
      X