Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡

Comment

For those saying that Cerme~o quit...

You should really try taking a left hook to the liver in the middle of you throwing a right cross. You're getting the wind taken out of you, whether you see it coming or not.

You add to that formula: not seeing it coming, having to make the lowest weight you can get down to 24 hours prior (possibly having to dehydrate yourself in the process), and getting hit by a P4P power puncher... and you feel close to what Cerme~o felt.

Montiel's a beast, he can probably make it to the top of 122, only one standing in his way is Rigondeaux because he would destroy Arce or Vazquez Jr.

Comment

No way I'd put him back in with Donaire. Montiel should call out Darchinyan.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
          No way I'd put him back in with Donaire. Montiel should call out Darchinyan.
          When people make these statements i wonder...do you honestly believe Montiel has absolutely no chance? I mean the way he fights it takes a few to warm up to the match but once he gets going it gets interesting. I like Donaire alot..but i believe if the match would have continued things might have been different...i get it, Donaire is great but you cant say you werent left wondering what would have happened if Montiel didnt get his head knocked off that 2nd round. His heart was there..he was put to sleep and dude managed to get on his feet...that says alot....

Comment

Very impressive comeback, Cermeno is no joke (barely lost to Moreno and beat Mijares twice). Montiel is really good which goes to show that Donaire is really REALLY good and could be something special with superstar potential if it wasn't for the low weightclass.

And Montiel's bodyshots are nasty! The one against Ciso Morales (right before the Donaire-fight) was vicious too...

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              When people make these statements i wonder...do you honestly believe Montiel has absolutely no chance? I mean the way he fights it takes a few to warm up to the match but once he gets going it gets interesting. I like Donaire alot..but i believe if the match would have continued things might have been different...i get it, Donaire is great but you cant say you werent left wondering what would have happened if Montiel didnt get his head knocked off that 2nd round. His heart was there..he was put to sleep and dude managed to get on his feet...that says alot....
              So you think he should go for a rematch with Donaire(what Montiel wants)? We would have to expect the same result. He has a better chance with Darchinyan than he does with Donaire IMO.

Comment

Very good showing from Montiel against a guy that did fight Moreno close.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
                  So you think he should go for a rematch with Donaire(what Montiel wants)? We would have to expect the same result. He has a better chance with Darchinyan than he does with Donaire IMO.
                  I believe if Montiel gets into rhythm it might be a spectacle. Vic vs Montiel is good...but i really want to see Mares succeed in that weight class...idk i just think dude is a slick combo/puncher and is ready to clash with the best. If Mares beats Agbeko he should fight Montiel...winner gets Donaire

Comment

Working...
                  X