No announcement yet.

Why so much hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so much hate?

So much overwhelming negativity on this site. It's damn near impossible to scroll through threads without finding at least a handfull of snide, condisending, sarcasticly worded, fighter bashing threads. Can we have a reasonable conversation about the sport? Or is that too much too ask that we maintain a simple respect for the sport and it's fighters?
    Then there's the childish namecalling of *******, *****, etc. God that's dumb.

I know there are decent people on here who appreciate the sport and aren't out to s**t on the athelets because it makes them feel better about themselves. I wish I would see more.

Bottom line: A lot of people on here need to grow up. Let's act like respectful, intelligent fans and apprecite, rather than constantly hate. Let's look at what's good about our sport and the good things individuals do. I'm not saying ignore the bad stuff or surpress your feelings or anything, just look for the positive things that are happening.
    We have a great sport with young talent and good fights happening regularly. Appreciate it.

Very well said. Unfortunately though it won't happen. Every thread you make no matter if it's a positive one or not or about something great a fighter did, there will always be hate. Success attracts hate, just the way it is.

Comment

well unfortunately, that's what happens when you go into forums like this. people are free to discuss, debate, and argue about whatever they want, and hate eventually finds it's way into it, and people get carried away with it. plus, the idea that other users don't really know you, and you're free to hide your identity through your computer screen and spout complete and idiotic bullshit, it just drives some weird people to continue to do it. i've only been here since december, but i've seen that there's great posters and people here, but there's also idiots hiding behind screens, guess you just got to take the good with the bad (or at least try to ignore it)

Comment

Whats even sadder is some people actually make legit threads, like ***** totally non-related to floyd or manny, not even negativity about other fighters just a legit thread and the mods delete them anyways.

The mods ****in suck. I made a thread about who would most likely win a rematch, Cintron-Williams 2, Cintron-Angulo 2, or Williams-Martinez and the bastards deleted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Very well said. Unfortunately though it won't happen. Every thread you make no matter if it's a positive one or not or about something great a fighter did, there will always be hate. Success attracts hate, just the way it is.
          A depressing truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            Whats even sadder is some people actually make legit threads, like ***** totally non-related to floyd or manny, not even negativity about other fighters just a legit thread and the mods delete them anyways.

The mods ****in suck. I made a thread about who would most likely win a rematch, Cintron-Williams 2, Cintron-Angulo 2, or Williams-Martinez and the bastards deleted it.
            This site is pro Pacquiao because of the hits he and Mayweather generate. They use the numbers, to sell advertising space. Hence, all the ads and pop ups. It's became less about boxing, and more about money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post

That really sucks when perfectly legit threads get deleted and crass, BS ones don't. btw I agree with all your bets w/ possibly the exception of Alexander KO'ing Matthysse.

Comment

It's sad. You cant start a thread without it getting hijacked by idiots puking the same old crap about Mayweather or Pac. You cant say a single word against Mayweather, Pac, Wlad, or Amir Khan (no matter how constructive) without getting a mountain of abuse and red K thrown in your face.

The sadist thing is that the forum is overrun by these morons, its about 80% prick to 20% real fan. It has got so much worse since I've been here even, and the thing has been going years before I was around.

And whoever said the mods dont help are right on the money. There are too many stupid threads allowed to exist - its just to generate hits and users.
                Last edited by Sage84; 06-24-2011, 03:58 AM.

Comment

It has always been like this to a certain extent, but has got much worse in the last few years. To be honest I think there is more young people on here now, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were 11,12,13 by the way they talk.

Which makes life pretty difficult when you are trying to have an intelligent conversation. I feel your pain though

Comment

You can tell by the language posters here use they are young and havent matured enough to learn how to debate or have an intelligent discussion.

This is true of most of the internet.

I think their anonymity on the internet is seen as a license to act like an *******. They see name calling and arguing as a form of entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                    X