No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye is Inspired By Joe Calzaghe To Retire in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    If he wants to be like Calzaghe he should fight a true legend like Evander Holyfield and then James Toney
    Well said!! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      There are probably 5-6 contenders who could beat him tomorrow. The guys that the Klitschko's beat, many with zero losses, only looked bad because the Klitschkos were so superior to them. They are actually good boxers and fighters, some of whom were fancied to beat the Klitschkos.
      Who were fancied to beat the klitschkos? name 1!

Comment

I'll be so annoyed if he beats Wlad and then retires without facing Vit.

Comment

There are two massive fights in the heavyweight division and thats either klitschko vs Haye, why fight on for years against sub par fighters when you can face the two best around earn some big bank and retire into a life of luxury Sounds like haye has the right idea right there.

If haye beats both and ritires they will come back an undoubtedly win the titles again and in time it would be back to the strangle hold they have now and even werse if they had the wba belt aswell but what difference would that make if haye was around you cant fight a klitschko for the rest of your career every 6 months or so and thats the way it would be they would easily become manditorys and haye would be forced to fight them until he eventually lost it's pointless staying around.

Comment

Inspired by the smartness of Joe Calzaghe! Ah well..

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              If he wants to be like Calzaghe he should fight a true legend like Evander Holyfield and then James Toney

Comment

Can't wait 'til Wlady puts this fool on his back! I'm not a fan of the Klitschkos because I think they're very boring; however, they are both very good. Haye isn't even a real heavyweight! He won his belt off that freak show! I'd favor Arreola to knock his ass out!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatfarm1980 View Post
                  What kind of fighter keeps talking about retirement before the biggest fight of his life??

Answer - The loser!
                  I am pulling for Haye to an extent, but it's true. If you have your foot half out the door.. It's a sign of mental resignation..

Comment

To be fair he's been saying he was going to retire at this age throughout his whole career

Comment

This guy Haye has a "new" story twice a day dribbling from his ever ready mouth. This is the first time he's given Calzaghe as a reason.
                      Exactly. And not only "I want to do it like Calzaghe" but "He inspired me"

Wow!

how can he emulate Calzaghe when he hasn't a perfect record
                      Exactly. He will be 25-2 and compares himself to Calzaghe's 46-0.

Ridiculous!

with only little more than half of Calzaghe's total fights
                      And only 8 years of boxing as opposed to Cazaghe's 16.
                      Last edited by hweightblogger; 06-22-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X