No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayorga Mum on Canelo, Says 'I'll KO Chavez in Three!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Mayorga would be a good name on either of their resumes.
    Why? Did you see Mayorga vs Cotto? Mayorga is done man, he looks like a dead man walking. He can't pull the trigger anymore and has no defense.

Canelo KO's him and Chavez beats him down for 12 rounds. Mayorga has now entered the realm of JOKE in the sport of boxing. He's like a toothless dog barking at you, you just look at him and want to laugh but then feel a little sad at the same time.

Comment

Mayorga "mum" as in not saying much about Canelo. We use the word "mom" to describe your mother in the states. He wants Chavez cause its an easier fight at a higher weight class!

Comment

I like this fight betther than the Manfredo one Bob!!, Let's get it done!

Also Chavez Jr. has more punch than Canelo who couldn't KO Matt Hatton

Comment

I'd love to see either fight. Alverez is over rated and who knows if jr will ever be any good. I just wanna see mayorga in there with somebody. I don't understand all the hate he gets. Dude is a stepping stone, a vet, nothing more, he's not elite and he doesn't have to be elite. Not every fighter can be or will be the best. Boxing needs these tune up guys, why not have one who at least makes a boring fight some what entertaining. And if he makes him some money on the way to retirement good for him, too many former champs on food stamps. WAR MAYORGA

Originally posted by chav View Post
          Mayorga is spent and looking for a payday, but I say if Chavez is going to have a soft touch for his next fight line up Mayorga and at least give Chavez the baptism of fire that is the Mayorga press & PR war so we can see how he handles it.
          Once Martinez gets hold of Chavez its probably game over for the mexican unless Sulaiman can protect him again
          Don't worry about that cause it will NEVER happen. I've got a better chance at landing that jr fight then sergio. Martinez isn't gonna get in the same ring with jr. unless he signs with top rank. And since he just signed a new 6 fight deal with lou, that just about raps it up. Why would Arum feed jr to martinez? Jr doesn't need that worthless belt, he's a draw because of his name. There is zero reason for arum to make that fight, all he's gonna do is ruin his money making paper tiger.

Comment

Say what you want about Mayorga, but he would be a step up for both Junior and Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
              This is actually a compliment to Alvarez. The fact that a guy like Mayorga is all but ignoring him seems to suggest that he wants to be in a more winnable fight. In his mind, that would mean the other Mexican contender, Julio Cesar Chavez.

I wouldn't mind either fight, to be truthful. They are both still green enough to get tested by a wily veteran that gives you awkward looks and angles who can ****. Might test their chins once and for all.

I'd agree that he does have a better chance with Chavez, as well. Though, I'd probably be inclined to take either of them over him. Nothing would surprise me, though.

I think it has more to do with the weight than it does the opponenet here. I think Mayorga struggled to make 154 vs Cotto and he knows his body cant take it so he would rather fight at 160 which is where Chavez jr fights instead.

Comment

I thought he said he was retiring and getting a job?

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  Say what you want about Mayorga, but he would be a step up for both Junior and Canelo.
                  Very true, but Mayorga can be unpredictable. Canelo and Chavez, If either one fights him, are in a lose lose situation. If they beat him, they beat an over the hill fighter. If they lose, they just got beat by an over the hill fighter. Mayorga would have a good chance at beating Chavez, if he doesn't under estimate Chavez and his strategy (if he sticks to it).
                  Borika makes a good point also, he would be a step up from the fighters they have faced, the name helps.
                  Chavez and Canelo need to prove themselves and prove to everyone they deserve the belts they hold.

Comment

I love this guy I'd rather watch a Mayorga press conference than watch Ryan Rhodes stink out the joint. He speaks the truth, he knows Chavez is a pure bum. mayorga is washed up but I think he can beat JCC JR, but not Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanly Ketchel View Post
                      I love this guy I'd rather watch a Mayorga press conference than watch Ryan Rhodes stink out the joint. He speaks the truth, he knows Chavez is a pure bum. mayorga is washed up but I think he can beat JCC JR, but not Canelo.
                      Chavez will destroy Mayorga if they ever fight, Ricardo just doesn't have it now

Comment

Working...
                      X