Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xylocaine, Dallas, and Suspicious Behaviors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xylocaine, Dallas, and Suspicious Behaviors?

This is not a post about Pacquiao and Mayweather. It is a post about Bob Arum of Top Rank and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy.

Fact: Xylocaine, a perfectly legal drug that can help enhance a boxer's punching performance by making the hand injecting boxer incapable of feeling pain (hence resulting in much higher punching power), is not legal in fights held in Dallas, Texas.

With a little research, I stumbled upon an article from 2009 in which Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer had already agreed to meet in Dallas. But on the day of the planned meeting (well after all of the plane tickets had already be bought by both sides for flights that same day) Schaefer mysteriously canceled the meeting just a few hours before the meeting.

The truly bizarre part about Schaefer's sudden and abrupt about face was that he never to this day has provided any reason.

Here is the 2009 article from mainstream publication ESPN.com. Read about the strange situation for yourself and reach your own opinion:

Golden Boy CEO pulls out of tour

I am not hinting at anything. Just read it for yourselves. Strange indeed. I don't really want to go so far as to say "suspicious".
    Last edited by Sugar Sting Ray; 06-22-2011, 02:39 AM.

Of course. No wonder Floyd knocks everyone out..... oh wait.

Comment

higher punching power?

Comment

nope... hands will just feel numb, punching power will be the same... unless its a power pellet...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
          This is not a post about Pacquiao and Mayweather. It is a post about Bob Arum of Top Rank and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy.

Fact: Xylocaine, a perfectly legal drug that can help enhance a boxer's punching performance by making the hand injecting boxer incapable of feeling pain (hence resulting in much higher punching power), is not legal in fights held in Dallas, Texas.

With a little research, I stumbled upon an article from 2009 in which Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer had already agreed to meet in Dallas. But on the day of the planned meeting (well after all of the plane tickets had already be bought by both sides for flights that same day) Schaefer mysteriously canceled the meeting just a few hours before the meeting.

The truly bizarre part about Schaefer's sudden and abrupt about face was that he never to this day has provided any reason.

Here is the 2009 article from mainstream publication ESPN.com. Read about the strange situation for yourself and reach your own opinion:

Golden Boy CEO pulls out of tour

I am not hinting at anything. Just read it for yourselves. Strange indeed. I don't really want to go so far as to say "suspicious".
          Wrong: it's illegal to use the week of the fight. Try again......

Comment

It doesn't enhance punching power, keep in mind it's only legal if used one week before the fight, so the real question is...how advantageous is this? Only a professional fighter who numbs his hands can answer this.

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
              It doesn't enhance punching power, keep in mind it's only legal if used one week before the fight, so the real question is...how advantageous is this? Only a professional fighter who numbs his hands can answer this.
              For people with brittle or delicate bones in their hands its a lifesaver psychologically. You don't worry about pain in your hands hence it can give you a mental edge, also lets you throw more punches because you won't feel any pain your normally would have without it.

It defiantly is a questionable drug considering. I'm surprised people are allowed to use it quite frankly if they are a professional fighter .

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
                Exactly. I would assume it's for treatment. If Floyd used it in an actual bout he would of tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  For people with brittle or delicate bones in their hands its a lifesaver psychologically. You don't worry about pain in your hands hence it can give you a mental edge, also lets you throw more punches because you won't feel any pain your normally would have without it.

It defiantly is a questionable drug considering. I'm surprised people are allowed to use it quite frankly if they are a professional fighter .
                  Leonard, Ali, Monzon, and Roach himself admitted to using numbing agents, I'm sure it's more common than we think. Lots of fighters tend to mess up their hands or have fragile ones. Don't see how one should be surprised that it's actually being used.

Comment

Steroids are for losers. "Baby, you go turn it up now!"

Comment

Working...
                    X