Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao vs Zahir Raheem the Dream never happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    in other words he ducked him?
    No he didn't. He made a business decision which I agree with. Ducking is Rid**** Bowe vs Lennox Lewis. Manny shouldn't be required to damage his long term career growth to fight a non entity because he beat Morales.

Manny could've fought Raheem down the road , like floyd did with Zab and Baldomir, but it wasn't worth it.

Comment

but he did move to lightweight...and only fought once..

and who did he fight? LOL

what's the point of this question ? was raheem a major force in the lightweight division when pacquiao moved to the division ? no

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        No he didn't. He made a business decision which I agree with. Ducking is Rid**** Bowe vs Lennox Lewis. Manny shouldn't be required to damage his long term career growth to fight a non entity because he beat Morales.

Manny could've fought Raheem down the road , like floyd did with Zab and Baldomir, but it wasn't worth it.
        thats ducking 101.....

he didn't fight him because he was too risky with little reward..

he had an actual chance of outboxing pacquiao so he didn't fight him..

thats ducking

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
          what's the point of this question ? was raheem a major force in the lightweight division when pacquiao moved to the division ? no
          okay then tell me the name of the "Major force" pacquiao fought at lightweight?...say it

Comment

but he did move to lightweight...and only fought once..

and who did he fight? LOL
            come to think of it , diaz beat morales too , and he had a title , and only one defeat

so ,diaz > raheem at that point

zahir lost to freitas and got KO"ed against funeka , that's why he was a nobody when manny moved to the lightweight division

Comment

okay then tell me the name of the "Major force" pacquiao fought at lightweight?...say it
              he didn't fight a major force, he faced one of the worst lightweight champions of all time .

still , he didn't duck raheem when he moved to the lightweight division , since raheem was a nobody at the time , the question is " why manny didn't fight zahir raheem " not " who did manny face at lightweight "

Comment

thats ducking 101.....

thats ducking

a 3 division world champion who just fought 3 of the best P4p boxers in the world , is ducking a bum who never won a world title in his life , and who's one division above ...
                why was manny required to move in weight to face him ? based on triangle theories ? did zaheer raheem try to come down to the super featherweight division to fight and manny declined ? no

Comment

thats ducking 101.....

thats ducking
                  We will agree to disagree. Not fighting someone is not always ducking. I think your analysis is too simplistc and doesn't factor in the nature of the business.

Raheem IMO wouldn't have won. Manny would've won but looked unimpressive, which hurts his drawing power.

Comment

To be honest (if memory serves) the fight between Pac and Erik was a go even if he lost...

It was one of those weird situations like Floyd and Zab. Floyd and Zab had the fight lined up while he was fighting Baldi. So even though Zab lost, he still got his date with Floyd.

I mean really, folks can call it what they want, and act as if Zahir would have beat Pac. I don't think he would have. The fight didn't happen though, that much is true.

I just remember it being a situation where the Erik/Pac fight was already lined up. Even if he lost, and he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      thank u for saving this thread. it deserves a bump just for this pic....

Comment

Working...
                      X