No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rivera: Lopez-Salido, Arce-Vazquez Needs Date Planning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rivera: Lopez-Salido, Arce-Vazquez Needs Date Planning

Top Rank is planning to approach Showtime next week to discuss a possible doubleheader in Puerto Rico, with two big rematches. Juan Manuel Lopez would face WBO featherweight champion Orlando Salido for a second time, and Wilfredo Vazquez Jr would attempt to get reveng on WBO super bantamweight champion Jorge Arce. Both Lopez and Vazquez lost their unbeaten records and their titles to their Mexican rivals, Salido and Arce.

[Click Here To Read More]

Now that's a card that needs to happen!

Comment

good card and in p.r. is the right move since arce and salido don't bring any money or fans. no one in mexico gives a **** about anyone but canelo, chavez jr and maybe jmm but further more there's no money in mexico to stage a card of this caliber. they would have to sell the tickets for 5 bucks each to sell out the arena.
      Last edited by el malo; 06-17-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
        good card and in p.r. is the right move since arce and salido don't bring any money or fans. no one in mexico gives a **** about anyone but canelo, chavez jr and maybe jmm but further more there's no money in mexico to stage a card of this caliber. they would have to sell the tickets for 5 bucks each to sell out the arena.
        Actually Arce is very popular in Mexico and Vazquez doesn't sell many tickets in PR or Florida. Salido isn't a big draw either. Lopez and Arce are both good ticket sellers in their countries.

This double header if it happens which I doubt should be in US on neutral territory. Even NY or FL would be better. I doubt it happens cuz arce already said he is fighting in Mexico in September then on Pac's undercard as Arum already gave him that slot.

I thought I read lopez and Vazquez hate each others guts. I doubt they will agree to be on the same card and since when does the two losers by way of KO get the fight at home?

Comment

I'm curious to see if the fights end differently...

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Actually Arce is very popular in Mexico and Vazquez doesn't sell many tickets in PR or Florida. Salido isn't a big draw either. Lopez and Arce are both good ticket sellers in their countries.

This double header if it happens which I doubt should be in US on neutral territory. Even NY or FL would be better. I doubt it happens cuz arce already said he is fighting in Mexico in September then on Pac's undercard as Arum already gave him that slot.

I thought I read lopez and Vazquez hate each others guts. I doubt they will agree to be on the same card and since when does the two losers by way of KO get the fight at home?
            Good points....

Comment

Good now both the belts come back but lopez should get a tuneup

Comment

What gets me is how writers from PR try to act like they are getting these fights because they have more money than Mexico. What a joke. PR is a territory of the US and technically, they don't have anything. They are just outbidding everybody because they are desperate for a champion and feel the need for a home town advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  What gets me is how writers from PR try to act like they are getting these fights because they have more money than Mexico. What a joke. PR is a territory of the US and technically, they don't have anything. They are just outbidding everybody because they are desperate for a champion and feel the need for a home town advantage.
                  LOL they should have these fights in the U.S to avoid Biased Refs can't trust this ricans

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                    Please retire from BoxingScene.

Comment

Working...
                    X