• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power:

Mosley >>>>> Ortiz

Chin:

Mayweather >>>>> Maidana, Berto

The comparisons all over this thread are ridiculous, now I'm not saying Ortiz doesn't have the power to drop Mayweather, but this will be his first HUGE stage and his first PPV, that's a mental factor for the kid, Mayweather is gonna get touched but won't be phased IMO,

Ortiz will have some early success maybe winning 2 out of the first 4 rounds, after that he gets picked apart and realizes he's too young to take those kind of shots and remains on his stool before coming out in the later rounds, I'm predicting the 10th

Comment

Wet Dreams , Floyd will knock ortiz down 4 times

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
        Power:

Mosley >>>>> Ortiz

Chin:

The comparisons all over this thread are ridiculous, now I'm not saying Ortiz doesn't have the power to drop Mayweather, but this will be his first HUGE stage and his first PPV, that's a mental factor for the kid, Mayweather is gonna get touched but won't be phased IMO,

Ortiz will have some early success maybe winning 2 out of the first 4 rounds, after that he gets picked apart and realizes he's too young to take those kind of shots and remains on his stool before coming out in the later rounds, I'm predicting the 10th
        I don't think Ortiz would let himself quit on this stage, having only just redeemed himself after what must have been two frustrating, ignominious years professionally.

If it ends early, I'd say ref/corner stoppage.

The rest of your post I think is astute, though.

Comment

ortiz will need 4 hands to hit floyd with a good punch

Comment

No he won't

He wouldn't knock him down in 50 rounds

Comment

Highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                Power:

Mosley >>>>> Ortiz

Chin:

I completely forgot about that. Ortiz is young and this is his first fight where he knows EVERYBODY will be watching.

That's a lot of pressure for someone's who's only what (25-26?).

Mayweather has been in that pressure situation every single time...against ODLH with a real celebrity-packed star-studded crowd, against Hatton with the crowd in favor of Hatton singing "Hatton Wonderland" all throughout the fight, against Márquez...but no pressure here, against Mosley where he got clipped but kept his cool.

If Ortiz hurts Mayweather, expect him to be dazed as any other human being, but he responds in a smart manner.

BTW, does anyone remember when Floyd was wobbly in that second round against Mosley and he threw a lunging straight right coming out of a clinch and you could tell his legs were gone by the way his feet landed? Man, I was shouting at the tv screen thinking Mayweather would get countered coming in. When he throws that sloppy right, Oscar is in the crowd and he jumps up and laughs at the state of Mayweather's legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I'm not saying Ortiz has a better or is on the same level as Floyd's inside game but he has more inside arsenals then Mosley and throws enough combo's to trouble a hurt Floyd Mayweather I have never seen Ortiz let a hurt opponent off the hooks
                  You didn't watch Maidana or Peterson, then.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

That's a lot of pressure for someone's who's only what (25-26?).

BTW, does anyone remember when Floyd was wobbly in that second round against Mosley and he threw a lunging straight right coming out of a clinch and you could tell his legs were gone by the way his feet landed? Man, I was shouting at the tv screen thinking Mayweather would get countered coming in. When he throws that sloppy right, Oscar is in the crowd and he jumps up and laughs at the state of Mayweather's legs.
                    He's only 24.

I do remember that, and the reason why I remember that specific punch so well is because I've rarely seen Mayweather whiff a punch... and when he threw that and missed, it was ugly!

Comment

That's what I'm anxious to see, how does Mayweather defend against Ortiz's right hook, right uppercut combination. Every single time Berto went into a shell Ortiz ripped that uppercut down the middle. I still think Ortiz gets stopped here.

Comment

Working...
                      X