Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Listed as 8-1 Favorite Over Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those odds reflect the reality of this match-> BS! Floyd making Ortiz look like he's a valid contender when in reality this match is the closest you get to a grown man stealing lollipop from a little kid. You have be be smoking something to even believe Ortiz stand a chance. Pacquiao will have a tough time with Floyd, but Ortiz? Ortiz will show up on fight night to cash his cheack, handover his belt and receive another Loss in his record in exchange for whatever scraps Floyd give him.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      I cant say who exactly my friend. But I can say what: HBO 24/7 SERIES.

That show is the master of spin. They will paint Ortiz as this likeable mexican monster.
      Yeah, but there's still going to be an incredible amount of money bet on Mayweather, and Mayweather by decision.

But again, US friendly sites probably won't open Mayweather as an 8-1 favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by FistO View Post
        Those odds reflect the reality of this match-> BS! Floyd making Ortiz look like he's a valid contender when in reality this match is the closest you get to a grown man stealing lollipop from a little kid. You have be be smoking something to even believe Ortiz stand a chance. Pacquiao will have a tough time with Floyd, but Ortiz? Ortiz will show up on fight night to cash his cheack, handover his belt and receive another Loss in his record in exchange for whatever scraps Floyd give him.
        This is only one book. There's not many places that have odds on this fight yet. Just because one book opens at 8-1, doesn't mean they all will.

Comment

8 to 1 favorite, not a surprise to every body who knows boxing. Actually Floyd should be at 25-1 favorite against Victor Ortiz. Victor Ortiz is young and just a baby comparing to Floyd's experience in the ring. Manny Pacquiao almost KO'd this boy during their sparring. Just like what people said, Victor Ortiz is a damaged comodity. We all saw how Maidana exposed Ortiz and now Floyd is fighting this kind of a fighter. We all know that this fight will be another comedy show. Not much educated people will waste their precious time and money on a comedy show like this one.

Comment

8 inches to 1? i always thought mine was below average. ortiz is giving me an excellent confidence boost itt (in this thread)

Comment

Wow, that is suprsing. After all, Ortiz lost to Maidana just like how Sugar Ray Leonard lost to Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
                8-1 favorite.. This is just as bad as the Margocheato fight with Pac..
                , Please.

Comment

Golden Boy desperate for a Big PPV event since their big names have jumped ship (Marquez-Mosley), so what do they do.. Feed a C rated fighter in Ortiz to Floyd.

Let's be real, what does Ortiz really have to loose? He can walk away from this fight with a HUGE payday saying "I lost to the obvious best"

Win-Win for Ortiz
                  Win (payday wise) - Lose (credibility and legacy wise) Floyd...

Comment

The oddsmakers understand that Ortiz and Floyd are in two different leagues and aren't fooled by Vics win over Berto like some here are. The only thing that makes me think twice is Floyd hasnt been in tough in years and how will he adjust to fighting someone young and strong after all this time.

Comment

shame! why is Pac fighting another flatfooted like Ortiz?..... oooopppss

Comment

Working...
                      X