Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Listed as 8-1 Favorite Over Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Listed as 8-1 Favorite Over Victor Ortiz

Famous British bookmaker William Hill, one of the largest wagering networks in the world, has published odds on Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s scheduled fight on September 17, against WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz. Despite Mayweather entering the ring with 16-months of inactivity, and Ortiz returning from the biggest win of his career - the bookmaker has listed the former five division champion as a heavy 8-1 favorite to win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow. I was expecting more like 5/1.

Comment

8-1 favorite.. This is just as bad as the Margocheato fight with Pac..

Comment

fight night i would be shocked if it was greater than 4 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
          fight night i would be shocked if it was greater than 4 to 1
          Prepare to be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
            8-1 favorite.. This is just as bad as the Margocheato fight with Pac..
            i think margarito had a better shot at beating pac than ortiz has now against floyd

still can't hate floyd too much for this though. he's the num 2 at ww, let's just hope floyd stops with these ****ing vacations now

Comment

This wont be anything close to 8-1 by August.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                This wont be anything close to 8-1 by August.
                I'm not sure why you guys think this will be bought down so far. Who, exactly, is going to bet on Ortiz to drive the price down?

It MIGHT come down to 6-1.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                  I'm not sure why you guys think this will be bought down so far. Who, exactly, is going to bet on Ortiz to drive the price down?

It MIGHT come down to 6-1.
                  I cant say who exactly my friend. But I can say what: HBO 24/7 SERIES.

That show is the master of spin. They will paint Ortiz as this likeable mexican monster.

Comment

Also, keep in mind that this isn't at an American book. He will likely not open at 8-1 on US friendly sites.

Comment

Working...
                    X