Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margaritto ever an Elite level fighter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what you guys mean by elite.

Like of all time or something?

He was elite most of the 2000's and had the WBO title on lockdown.

Just good fighters don't do that.

He wasn't the best ever, but damn he beat a lot of good dudes.

Cotto,Clottey, Lewis, Cintron, Lujan, Martinez, Antonio Diaz, Danny Perez and he pretty much fought them all.

Comment

Can any of you morons who are claiming that Margarito was never elite give me more than 5 names that are greater than Margarito in this era at WW? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME. @ you idiots claiming a Berto win makes Ortiz a better fighter than Margarito.
      Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 06-09-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        I wonder what you guys mean by elite.

Like of all time or something?

He was elite most of the 2000's and had the WBO title on lockdown.

Just good fighters don't do that.

He wasn't the best ever, but damn he beat a lot of good dudes.

Cotto,Clottey, Lewis, Cintron, Lujan, Martinez, Antonio Diaz, Danny Perez and he pretty much fought them all.
        Randall as well.

Your post is spot on too bro. Props!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Can any of you morons who are claiming that Margarito was never elite give me more than 5 names that are greater than Margarito in this era? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME. @ you idiots claiming a Berto win makes Ortiz a better fighter than Margarito.
          Did someone actually say this? Because Margarito in his prime literally murders Berto, and gives Ortiz a really bad beating until he stops him at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Did someone actually say this? Because Margarito in his prime literally murders Berto, and gives Ortiz a really bad beating until he stops him at some point.
            Even at this point Margarito rapes poor Ortiz and Berto. There was a thread not too long ago in favor of Margarito beating Berto.

But if you can find me more than 5 names in this generation that have accomplished more than Margarito and are legit, I'll give you 1 mil for each after 5. This ought to be a good one .

Comment

Somehow some people think this is Pac fans trying to elevate pac by overrating his opponents, which is a ******ed viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Even at this point Margarito rapes poor Ortiz and Berto. There was a thread not too long ago in favor of Margarito beating Berto.
                lol...based on what.....when was Margs last best performance.....he may well beat them...but he doesnt rape them.....

Comment

whatever level he is.

he's above cotto that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    whatever level he is.

he's above cotto that's for sure.

I mean when Cotto was kneeling he had to be above him.

Genuflecting at Margarito's altar

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
                      lol...based on what.....when was Margs last best performance.....he may well beat them...but he doesnt rape them.....
                      Based on experience, HEART, chin, pressure. Did you see the look on Berto's face when he was dealt with pressure with Ortiz? Multiply that x2, even with a washed up Margarito.

Maybe I did go overboard with the raping but beat them clearly, yea. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X