Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Why Was Ortiz Chosen Over Martinez again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Why Was Ortiz Chosen Over Martinez again?

We've already established that the Pacquiao camp are afraid to fight Martinez. But why did Mayweather also avoid Martinez now?

If the answer is, "because he needed a tune up", then why is this fight going to be PPV? Why will they charge people to watch a tune up? Is it going to be promoted as a tune up or is Ortiz going to be marketed as a challenge for Floyd?

If it IS a challenge for Floyd, why not then choose the BEST fight out there? The biggest challenge for Floyd which would be Martinez? Or is Ortiz a better, bigger risk than Martinez now?

Isn't there a patter developing here from Floyd?

Retirement.

come back from retirement and choose an opponent with no chance, less risk, but can be marketable to maximize revenue.

Go into limbo

Come back and take a considerable challenge, make money.

Then go into retirement once again.

come back from retirement and choose an opponent with no chance, less risk, but can be marketable to maximize revenue.

So basically, within 3 years, Floyd's only would have 3 fights. 2 of them which offer no severe challenge or risk.

Does it not seem like Floyd is scamming the **** out of fans and the sport just like Pacquiao has?

floyd and pac should win 160 belts and then unify them in their fight.

i say floyd fight serg.

pac fight chavez jr.

Comment

Tune-up.

Money.

Out-do Pac after Pac announces his fight.

Comment

It's not a tune up, it'll be somewhat competitive in the beginning (First 3-4 rounds) then Floyd as always will adjust, take over and stop him late in my opinion. Ortiz will put up a good effort. It's a good fight, Floyd should fight Martinez after.

I've always said that Mayweather should forget Pacquiao, it's most likely not gonna happen and FIGHT Martinez. From the start I was saying he should fight Sergio, that fight is so much easier to make too. Floyd vs. Martinez is a great fight, I hope we get it.

Comment

because he's too big for both, the topic is basically dead. serg needs to drop that hope of getting a shot cause it's clear neither guy would face him, and just focus on unifying the mw division.

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
            It's not a tune up, it'll be somewhat challenging in the beginning (First 3-4 rounds) then Floyd as always will adjust, take over and stop him late in my opinion. It's a good fight, Floyd should fight Martinez after.

I've always said that Mayweather should forget Pacquiao, it's most likely not gonna happen and FIGHT Martinez. From the start I was saying he should fight Sergio, that fight is so much easier to make too.
            Floyd will never take that challenge. When did the last time Floyd came in as underdog in a fight? He is very calculated on his moves.

Comment

Do you think it's fair to expect Floyd to fight a guy like Martinez coming off a layoff of over a year? Let's wait and see what happens after the Ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
                It's not a tune up, it'll be somewhat competitive in the beginning (First 3-4 rounds) then Floyd as always will adjust, take over and stop him late in my opinion. Ortiz will put up a good effort. It's a good fight, Floyd should fight Martinez after.

I've always said that Mayweather should forget Pacquiao, it's most likely not gonna happen and FIGHT Martinez. From the start I was saying he should fight Sergio, that fight is so much easier to make too. Floyd vs. Martinez is a great fight, I hope we get it.
                Only thing Ortiz has going for him is Floyd's lay off.

This is Ortiz-Peterson only ten times worse for Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeraser View Post
                  Floyd will never take that challenge. When did the last time Floyd came in as underdog in a fight? He is very calculated on his moves.
                  He wouldn't be an underdog against Pacquiao, so really, that doesn't mean a thing. To answer your question, Corrales I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    We've already established that the Pacquiao camp are afraid to fight Martinez. But why did Mayweather also avoid Martinez now?

If the answer is, "because he needed a tune up", then why is this fight going to be PPV? Why will they charge people to watch a tune up? Is it going to be promoted as a tune up or is Ortiz going to be marketed as a challenge for Floyd?

If it IS a challenge for Floyd, why not then choose the BEST fight out there? The biggest challenge for Floyd which would be Martinez? Or is Ortiz a better, bigger risk than Martinez now?

Isn't there a patter developing here from Floyd?

Retirement.

Go into limbo

Come back and take a considerable challenge, make money.

Then go into retirement once again.

So basically, within 3 years, Floyd's only would have 3 fights. 2 of them which offer no severe challenge or risk.

Does it not seem like Floyd is scamming the **** out of fans and the sport just like Pacquiao has?
                    mayweather is just constantly choosing better opponents then pac to make that lil midget man up. if floyd will once again be considered number 1 p4p then the roidhead will have nothing to lose and perhaps fight mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X