Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The End of British Boxing is coming. Are you ready?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post

Not gonna lie this thread popped into my head as the fight ended.
    Originally posted by K2ray View Post
    SKULLY how ya doing my man? Do you know what's up with the HYPE site(seems down currently)?
    What's up, CONQUERING and K2!

How y'all feelin'?

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
    Going by your standard, Mayweather aside, which active American fighters would you call elite?
    Well I've been following Boxing for 35 years...so I very high standards...to me, Donaire, Ward, Bradley, Dawson, and Hopkins are only A- Level right now...

"Elite" Level to me is when they're consistently operating at a full A Level or higher...

Now, let me ask YOU a question...Froch aside...how many credible, CONSENSUS Top 20 P4Pers does Britain have right now?...that's all I'm asking for...just Top 20 P4Pers...

and then ask yourself....how many credible, CONSENSUS Top 20 P4P boxers does America have?

That's right...Brits can say it's a population differential thing all they want...when the fact of the matter is, when it comes to Boxing, America's simply bigger and better...we crank out P4Pers all the time.

Old ones fall off, and new ones emerge...

You have to face it and admit it...America OWNS Boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
      Even if Froch does lose, him and Khan will still fight at the top of their divisions for years to come and although Haye may be a ****, he is the 3rd best heavyweight at the moment. Also, prospects such as Fury, David Price, Degale, Groves and those who will more than likely turn pro after the next olympics are more than able to win world titles.
      British boxing is doing just fine, but Froch turns 35 next year. I don't know how much longer he'll be a worldclass fighter.

Comment

• Isn't Andre Ward's parents British? I ask this because if you are sad enough to claim Donaire as American then technically a British person could do the same with Ward.

Soooo....technically, technically! the super six final is a war of the rose fight
        Last edited by Slick_Rick; 12-12-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• LMAOO!! @ "THE DENIIIAAAL!!"....face your Fear like men and read the thread from the beginning...read every line of every post...

It has unfolded...

The only way you're going to heal is if you come to terms with the facts...

Comment

• Lol this thread is classic.

Comment

• How can British boxing end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post

Well I've been following Boxing for 35 years...so I very high standards...to me, Donaire, Ward, Bradley, Dawson, and Hopkins are only A- Level right now...

"Elite" Level to me is when they're consistently operating at a full A Level or higher...

Now, let me ask YOU a question...Froch aside...how many credible, CONSENSUS Top 20 P4Pers does Britain have right now?...that's all I'm asking for...just Top 20 P4Pers...

and then ask yourself....how many credible, CONSENSUS Top 20 P4P boxers does America have?

That's right...Brits can say it's a population differential thing all they want...when the fact of the matter is, when it comes to Boxing, America's simply bigger and better...we crank out P4Pers all the time.

Old ones fall off, and new ones emerge...

You have to face it and admit it...America OWNS Boxing.
                Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of BOXING. Which Country a boxer is from has little to do with my support for them.

But, for you to have Dawson a class above any British fighter is hypocritical. How does a loss to a fighter Froch beat, and a controversial end against Hopkins put him in a league above?

Ward too. Yes, he's probably been the most impressive fighter at 168, but if he beats Froch, how is that impressive to you for him to beat in your words, a B class fighter. How many A class fighters has he beat for that matter?

Your logic is full of flaws my friend.
                Last edited by black.ink; 12-12-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                  How can British boxing end?
                  Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                  Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of BOXING. Which Country a boxer is from has little to do with my support for them.

But, for you to have Dawson a class above any British fighter is hypocritical. How does a loss to a fighter Froch beat, and a controversial end against Hopkins put him in a league above?

Ward too. Yes, he's probably been the most impressive fighter at 168, but if he beats Froch, how is that impressive to you for him to beat in your words, a B class fighter. How many A class fighters has he beat for that matter?

Your theory is full of flaws my friend.
                  Whatever you say, Hometown Froch Fan...lol...and where's your Top 20 P4Pers?

Everything will be put into perspective and wrapped up conclusively on The 17th, mateys...

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                    The site is not down, I'm there now.
                    Still down where I'm at.

Comment

• Yeah, so Froch loses...

But what does that mean?

Goal complete? British boxing fans disappear?

Comment

Working...
                      X