Comments Thread For: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Grabs Gold, Decisions Zbik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
    Was about to log out.
    No punches would be enough in this fight.
    This was BS. JCCJ's win proved nothing. He simply is not a true championship materials.
    Whos punches were more effective?

Did Zibs punches have any effect on Chavez?

I didn't see the fight, so I'm curious to know if landing more punches,

really won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Exposé View Post

really won the fight.
      Jr just ate every punch with his face. He was even goading Zbik on to punch him. His punches weren't effective at all.

Jr was landing some vicious ****ing body shots. You don't see people committed to the body like that very often. You could see a HUGE difference in Zbik from round 1-4 and 6-12. It took a toll, and there's something to be said for that.

So you have Zbik throwing EVERYTHING he has at Jr, with no noticeable effect at all.

And you have Jr getting hit a lot, but putting a real hurting on Zbik - and Zbik deteriorating because of it.

Again, comes to personal preference. I could have seen it going either way, but I like the nod to Jr. His body work was pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Exposé View Post

really won the fight.
        When you do, then maybe you ought post a poll and think what most think here about who won. Might be interesting. Have a good night.

Comment

Originally posted by Marduke View Post
          Jr just ate every punch with his face. He was even goading Zbik on to punch him. His punches weren't effective at all.

Jr was landing some vicious ****ing body shots. You don't see people committed to the body like that very often. You could see a HUGE difference in Zbik from round 1-4 and 6-12. It took a toll, and there's something to be said for that.

So you have Zbik throwing EVERYTHING he has at Jr, with no noticeable effect at all.

And you have Jr getting hit a lot, but putting a real hurting on Zbik - and Zbik deteriorating because of it.

Again, comes to personal preference. I could have seen it going either way, but I like the nod to Jr. His body work was pretty impressive.
          Thank you. Imo, it doesn't matter how many punches someone lands if they aren't doing anything to their opponent.

Comment

You said it very well but you answered your own lack of commitment to the decision.

There's no way you can give this fight to Zbik IMO because his punches just had zero effect. I mean there was a point where he landed like an 8 punch combo and Jr smiled at him and put his hands down and mocked him.

The body work was very impressive and really hurt Zbik in the later rounds, especially rounds 9-12. He looked like he was ready to go and after the 10th, he slumped to his stool and then struggled to get up for the 11th.

It wasn't pretty, wasn't very impressive outside of the body work but the right man won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              When you do, then maybe you ought post a poll and think what most think here about who won. Might be interesting. Have a good night.
              Why do I need to post a poll for?

You're simply going off of the fact regarding punches landed. Whoopdeewhoo. If I get bit by 100 flies, is it going to hurt more than 10 bee stings?

Now, you tell me, which is more effective? Being bitten by 100 flies, or being stung by 10 bees?

Someone simply landing more punches is not an indicator of who won a fight.

From what I've read, it could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                You said it very well but you answered your own lack of commitment to the decision.

There's no way you can give this fight to Zbik IMO because his punches just had zero effect. I mean there was a point where he landed like an 8 punch combo and Jr smiled at him and put his hands down and mocked him.

The body work was very impressive and really hurt Zbik in the later rounds, especially rounds 9-12. He looked like he was ready to go and after the 10th, he slumped to his stool and then struggled to get up for the 11th.

It wasn't pretty, wasn't very impressive outside of the body work but the right man won the fight.
                I just think it comes down to personal preference. I think Chavez earned the win with harder, more effective punches...but I can understand that some people like quantity of quality. You never know what a judge is going to like to see more - So I could have understood him winning for just shear volume, although I personally thought Jr earned it.

Not every fight is black and white. There is some objectiveness at times.

Comment

I just think it comes down to personal preference. I think Chavez earned the win with harder, more effective punches...but I can understand that some people like quantity of quality. You never know what a judge is going to like to see more - So I could have understood him winning for just shear volume, although I personally thought Jr earned it.

Not every fight is black and white. There is some objectiveness at times.
                  Yeah problem is the double standards today in boxing. You have judges giving the fight to a guy because he clearly out punched him with no KO power. And then you have the same judge giving the fight to the stronger puncher even though he got way out punched. So if last night was the norm, the guys with no KO power who practice what Bert Sugar calls the sweet science would very rarely win. Kinda like saying that in basketball a team gets outpointed but the shots of the other team were more impressive so the outscored team wins anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IslaSimio View Post
                    what? learn how to express your self better you dumb fucc everything i said was true
                    Hands down you must be the biggest idiot here. Another guy that hate himself and an E-thug. The only thing that is true is that you are an ignorant idiot that is extremely butt hurt. You know deep inside that what I'm telling you is true

Comment

relaxx

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Staples Center, Los Angeles, California - Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (43-0-1, 30KOs) captured the WBC middleweight title with a twelve round majority decision over previousl undefeated Sebastian Zbik (30-1, 10KOs). The scores were 114-114 for the draw, 115-113 and 116-112 for Chavez.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      Everyone who thinks Sebastian Zbik was rob should relax, Chavez Jr. now will face iether Cotto ,Margarito or Martinez,and anyone of of three will more than likey stop Chavez jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X