Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley ducking Khan.. Did it Damage his image as a warrior who'll fight anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    Bradley wants some of that paper and is not willing to lose it all by fighting Khan.

I think he should lose some of that reputation. If he believed in himself, he'd fight Khan, beat him and then fight Pac.
    He wont get the Pac fight unless his promotional contract expires. If he takes the Khan fight, his contract doesnt expire.
    Bradley not fighting Khan has nothing to do with a lack of confidence, he is just looking to sign with a new promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
      that's real talk
      Real talk form someone who doesnt have a very good perspective on boxing. What makes Bradley different from the above fighters is his intangibles. Bradley fights his fights, he fights to win. He is a winner and a champion and will continue to be so. He doesnt get by being flashy, he gets by beating the man in front of him. Thats a real fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
        He wont get the Pac fight unless his promotional contract expires. If he takes the Khan fight, his contract doesnt expire.
        Bradley not fighting Khan has nothing to do with a lack of confidence, he is just looking to sign with a new promoter.
        Bradley ''what if I lose, I’m out of the sweepstakes for the big fights'' not the words of a confident man.

Shaw has said that there would be no contract extension just the Khan fight and they walk there separate ways.

These excuses don’t wash anymore.

Comment

Bradley's stance on this sums up all that is bad about the top level of this sport.

Comment

Just depends on what he does next. I won't call him a ducker since he has had consistently good opposition since he first stepped up against Witter.

If his next 2 fights aren't against someone in the divisional top 10 (from 140 or 147), then yes that would damage him for me. If it becomes clear he isn't in line for a major payday and Khan is still offering and Bradley is turning him down, then that would severely damage him image for me.

Both Bradley and Khan are still young and both can fight at 140 or 147 so its not like one the other, so there i still time for them to fight while they are at their best. They aren't fighting for massive stakes like Pacquiao and Mayweather. So there is no reason why this fight shouldn't happen.

I think these threads are basically people who don't like Bradley, people who love Khan (so they rip other guys in the division), and mostly your average boxing fan who overreacts to everything and has the temperament of a 4 year old if they don't get what they want right away.

Comment

Bradley is a warrior who has fought dangerous fights and came out on top clearly everytime out..Now he wants to be paid,there's nothing wrong with that..People will say Khan offered Bradley a good deal and rightfully so it was a good deal..But its not the best option for him at the moment that's why he won't fight Khan right now..Bradley is looking at the Khan fight as a way to get a better contract with HBO..If Khan gets by Judah(which I believe he will)it will make this fight even bigger,the demand for this fight will be out there Bradley will get a multi fight deal with HBO and most likely sign to TR and fight Khan late this yr or early next yr..But waiting for this fight was in Bradleys best interest..

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
                Bradley ''what if I lose, I’m out of the sweepstakes for the big fights'' not the words of a confident man.

Shaw has said that there would be no contract extension just the Khan fight and they walk there separate ways.

These excuses don’t wash anymore.
                Of course it hurt his image. A lot. At the end of the day, he shouldn't have talked so much trash only to duck Khan. It made him look like a fool and a coward.

But, if he fights some good opponents, it will help to repair this.

Comment

Bradley's rep took a serious hit to me. He was in my top 3 favorite fighters, now he's probably outside of my top 10, at the same time, zab has been skyrocketing up my list of favorites.

Bradley, at best case, has horrible business acumen, at worst case, doesn't think he can beat khan.

And I fully understand him wanted to get away from that pipe of crap promoter of his, but you don't do it when that big of an opportunity is right there. Dude has fought like one time in almost 2 yrs, in the middle of his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                    Bradley is a warrior who has fought dangerous fights and came out on top clearly everytime out..Now he wants to be paid,there's nothing wrong with that..People will say Khan offered Bradley a good deal and rightfully so it was a good deal..But its not the best option for him at the moment that's why he won't fight Khan right now..Bradley is looking at the Khan fight as a way to get a better contract with HBO..If Khan gets by Judah(which I believe he will)it will make this fight even bigger,the demand for this fight will be out there Bradley will get a multi fight deal with HBO and most likely sign to TR and fight Khan late this yr or early next yr..But waiting for this fight was in Bradleys best interest..
                    no it's not in his best interest and the winner of khan-Judah will have much more power in negotiations with Bradley. Bradley is losing all the way around unless he gets a PAC fight out of this. Which is a major risk because there's so much that could happen.

Comment

It has damaged his image rejecting the chance to make the fight for whatever reasons. Obviously Bradley thinks hes wroth more and feels he deserves something bigger than the Khan fight.

I dont think hes scared of Khan per se, more just not 100% confident of winning and maybe a bit delusional about how big a star he is and his standing in boxing

It has definetly hurt his credibility somewhat

Comment

Working...
                      X