Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler vs Stieglitz is The Next Fight Coming For Mikkel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
    ¿Never going to fight a good opponent?...Bute's last 8 fights have been all for a world title(IBF) & he's won 7 by KO & 1 UD..Among those he's fought are very good fighters like Edison Miranda, Sakio Bika & Librado Andrade(who he fought twice & has been the ONLY fighter(so far) to KO Andrade, that's something that Kessler couldn't do) & his next fight is against the #1 contender Jean Paul Mendy who's also undefeated.. ¿& unfair that he could face the winner of the super 6 straight of the bat? The winner of the Super Six will end up with 2(WBA & WBC) of the 4 major titles at 168lbs & the other 2 champs are Stieglitz(WBO) & Bute(IBF)..So out of Stieglitz & Bute, Being that Bute is undefeated & is the better known fighter & beat Andrade twice(Andrade KO'd Stieglitz before Stieglitz won the title) is the one that deserves & has earned the shot at the winner of the Super Six tournament & chance to unify the titles..& besides all that, Bute is a good fighter with good skills..
    if you are trying to defend bute, you are doing a really poor job.

I actually think bute is a really good fighter, but if you want to "defend" him, i would really not use his resume to do so.

It would be a reasonable opponent for kessler, first a - on paper - easy opponent in boudla. Then short time after, a step up in class and get the ringrust shaken of. Followed by another step up in class.
    Last edited by gigogreco; 06-04-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
      ¿Never going to fight a good opponent?...Bute's last 8 fights have been all for a world title(IBF) & he's won 7 by KO & 1 UD..Among those he's fought are very good fighters like Edison Miranda, Sakio Bika & Librado Andrade(who he fought twice & has been the ONLY fighter(so far) to KO Andrade, that's something that Kessler couldn't do) & his next fight is against the #1 contender Jean Paul Mendy who's also undefeated.. ¿& unfair that he could face the winner of the super 6 straight of the bat? The winner of the Super Six will end up with 2(WBA & WBC) of the 4 major titles at 168lbs & the other 2 champs are Stieglitz(WBO) & Bute(IBF)..So out of Stieglitz & Bute, Being that Bute is undefeated & is the better known fighter & beat Andrade twice(Andrade KO'd Stieglitz before Stieglitz won the title) is the one that deserves & has earned the shot at the winner of the Super Six tournament & chance to unify the titles..& besides all that, Bute is a good fighter with good skills..

Not one of those fights was a 50/50 and he was a prohibitive favorite in each.

I don't think it is fair. What it is like is a sports team playing in a grand final while only playing weaker teams than themselves, and their opponent facing Killers all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by belna View Post
        Unfair? Because Kessler runs away from him? Wow, what a genius you are.
        I am no bute fan but i do think that kesslers career is coming to an end

Comment

Working...
        X