Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Golden Boy's apology set them back in the boxing game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FINCHINGBAG View Post
    It didn't make them look weak but it did prove them to be unprofessional even in the world of boxing promoters

they are weak 'cause they lied!
    whenever u lie, you are weak as a marshmallow
    interesting theory.......you know any non liers?? do you not lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
      I don't know about set them back, as they are most likely the second best next to Top Rank, but it does make them look weak, and like a bunch of dumb ****s. The way I see it they NEED Top Rank, whereas Top Rank was doing fine without them. They went from blatantly accusing Pac of steroid use to claiming they never intended to infer he was on Peds. That to me illustrates weakness, as well as neediness. As long as Arum has Pac he calls the shots.
      That's just "lawyer-speak" for not admitting liability, a very important LEGAL position. Once you admit anything relevant, you are at the mercy of the court, and the amount of greed of your opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        That's just "lawyer-speak" for not admitting liability, a very important LEGAL position. Once you admit anything relevant, you are at the mercy of the court, and the amount of greed of your opponent.
        and that is a dangerous place to be........true story!

Comment

Originally posted by FINCHINGBAG View Post
          It didn't make them look weak but it did prove them to be unprofessional even in the world of boxing promoters

they are weak 'cause they lied!
          whenever u lie, you are weak as a marshmallow
          So you are saying bob Arum is weak like a bag full of marshmallows~

Comment

They took a deal nothing more nothing less to end litigation, no business wants to be involved with litigation if it can be helped they got a cheap easy way out and took it.

It removes long term risk it is the smart thing to do~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              They took a deal nothing more nothing less to end litigation, no business wants to be involved with litigation if it can be helped they got a cheap easy way out and took it.

It removes long term risk it is the smart thing to do~
              at what cost though? didn't their rep suffer because of this? you think other boxers who MIGHT be thinking of signing with GB might go else where or at least think twice to do biz with these kats??

Comment

I think it does make them look weak but who cares about that but us. In a business sense an apology doensnt make you look weak. And thats what this was;business.

I dont think this really had anything to do with the lawsuit. I never really thought they had a case and if they did why not just go through with it and bury them. Put GBP out of business and then take his fighters. Because honestly an apology doesnt change anything for pac or arum in regards to their reps. I mean now that they have apologized is everyone who was suspious now suddenly not? I dont think so.

I think both the lawsuit and apology were bs. Their is alot goin on that we just dont know about.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
                  at what cost though? didn't their rep suffer because of this? you think other boxers who MIGHT be thinking of signing with GB might go else where or at least think twice to do biz with these kats??
                  It is minor~ I really don't because they do a good job in general for their guys and standing by their guy is what got them into this case, not like the punked out on Floyd who they were representing.

Now they didn't want to be dragged into court so it makes sense to just end it, not like it will really effect their dealings with Floyd one way or the other which would be the guy it would most likely effect in relation to them.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
                    Nah, people still sign with Arum and everyone knows hes shady. Hell Don King still has some fighters. In the end money talks and most boxers dont come from well-off backgrounds so they will take what they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
                      Nah, people still sign with Arum and everyone knows hes shady. Hell Don King still has some fighters. In the end money talks and most boxers dont come from well-off backgrounds so they will take what they can get.
                      ahhah great point............green k for you sir

Comment

Working...
                      X