Graham Earl calls out Katsidis for rematch "I will fight you anywhere"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Earl calls out Katsidis for rematch "I will fight you anywhere"

From Kats Website

English boxer Graham Earl (26–4– 0) has today contacted the manager of Michael Katsidis, Brendon Smith, in order to challenge the Aussie to a rematch in the coming months. Earl lost a brutal stoppage bout to Katsidis in 2007 for the WBO World lightweight title in London, in a fight that was filled with knockdowns, big hits and a little controversy and subsequently awarded the fight/round of the decade.

“The fight with Mick shouldn’t have been stopped, I want an opportunity for revenge, He promised me a rematch, I want a rematch” Earl said via email to Smith earlier today “last we spoke Michael had obligations, he doesn’t now, give our countries what they want Earl V Katsidis 2!”

This isn’t the first time that Graham Earl has issued a rematch challenge to Katsidis. During a press training day in London, Earl approached Smith and Katsidis to try and issue a challenge following the Mitchell fight “I didn’t want to entertain the conversation with Graham then, the fight with Kevin Mitchell was our focus not a rematch with Earl… it is obvious that Graham would like his revenge, he approached us in London, tried to enter camp in Thailand and we have even caught wind that he has contacted Win TV in Australia today as well to ensure that Michael has heard the challenge loud and clear” smith today said

Katsidis has confirmed that his next fight will be on Australian soil, so if Earl is serious about the challenge he will need to come downunder, something Smith believes he will “He stated in his email to me that he is willing to fight Michael anywhere, not to many boxers in the world are willing to do that”

Team Katsidis are expected to issue a response in the coming days.
Working...
X