Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Dawson request testing for Hopkins bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I am sure Weed can Enhance Your Performance...hahaha

but I seriously doubt Dawson will push the issue, Pascal tried to push that issue because HE KNEW HE COULDN'T BEAT HOPKINS

If Pascal would have asked for it in the Contract then it wouldn't have been a Issue but he didn't instead he waited for the Press Conference then he tried to make it an issue

Comment

If Dawson feels that is important he should, but if he doesn't then whatever I am not going to be worried about it either if he isn't.

It would be cool if B-Hop took the bull by the horns and dealt with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
        With the firestorm on testing going through boxing and Pascal's claims will Dawson ask for testing?

On these boards I have seen numerous threads in which people were asking why Hopkins wouldn't test etc. Simple answer is, he didn't have to because the request wasn't made until after the fight was signed and set in stone essentially. Had Pascal made it a condition of signing the rematch after the rematch became mandatory things would have been different story completely.

That being said, will Dawson ask for OST in this fight?

Dawson himself tested positive for illegal substances in 2004 in a post fight test, so do you think with all the scrutiny Hopkins got from Pascal & fans will Dawson force the issue and ask for testing?

Personally, i'm not a hypocrite and want every professional sport to have year round random testing across the board. Anytime millions of dollars, records and history are at stake in any sport or contest in which fans are expected to pay to see or attend then testing is warranted.
        he tested positive for mary jane not steroids JACK!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          If Dawson feels that is important he should, but if he doesn't then whatever I am not going to be worried about it either if he isn't.

It would be cool if B-Hop took the bull by the horns and dealt with it though.
          Well. It's not like Dawson has a lot of actual leverage power in negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
            I agree, also i feel Hopkins and Pacquiao should by tied to a chair and be forcibly given a roid test.
            i don't think that hopkins would object if it's done in negotiations and treated with respect, because of what pascal did, it made it a hostile topic to discuss... for fighters and fight fans, well mayweather started it all..... but the fact remains the same.......

but what kind of nazi police state crap you talking about????

with a name like Imhotep i thought you'd be more enlightened and knowledgeable about life and it's processes... knowing how to go about things.... not this blind, obtuse, way of skewed thought, leading towards degradation..................

i thought you were a little more well read than that..........

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              Well. It's not like Dawson has a lot of actual leverage power in negotiation.
              He has plenty, B-Hop ain't a real bankable star, it is contracted that is who he is suppose to fight next and HBO is likely to want that fight. B-Hop could avoid it but how does that make him look? And he would likely not be fighting anyone just sitting out there answering the same BS questions~

That is about as good leverage as you are going to get, maybe not enough to get OST but some third party who will use whatever standard they agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                Nah. Dawson seems a bit sluggish and would benefit from use of PEDs.
                Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                yea..marijuana.............stop reading boxrec
                http://www.proboxing-fans.com/fighte...s/chad-dawson/

Boxingrec is a terrible site, this thread is not Anti Hopkins at all so chill with the assumption's. If anything the testing would dispell any of the non sense I seen on this board and others about his refusal and the supposed double standard.

I remembered he tested positive for something just not what, tyson tested positive in Detroit for blowing greenery as well and they didn't tell you what he tested positive for at first.

I'm not a huge Dawson fan so pardon the miniscule infraction, I just said an illegal substance, never said it was a PED. Doesn't the fact that Hopkins was accused on a world wide stage yet has been a clean drug free guy since turning pro and Dawson has tested positive for illegal substances seem a bit like a double standard in itself?

Comment

How are we supposed to know? I doubt he will though.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                    How are we supposed to know? I doubt he will though.
                    I was wondering what people on here thought, being that Hopkins was tore apart in some of these threads by posters on this site for refusing. it's so hard to believe that on a board where people post direct quotes that are fabricated could offer there opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                      http://www.proboxing-fans.com/fighte...s/chad-dawson/

Boxingrec is a terrible site, this thread is not Anti Hopkins at all so chill with the assumption's. If anything the testing would dispell any of the non sense I seen on this board and others about his refusal and the supposed double standard.

I remembered he tested positive for something just not what, tyson tested positive in Detroit for blowing greenery as well and they didn't tell you what he tested positive for at first.

I'm not a huge Dawson fan so pardon the miniscule infraction, I just said an illegal substance, never said it was a PED. Doesn't the fact that Hopkins was accused on a world wide stage yet has been a clean drug free guy since turning pro and Dawson has tested positive for illegal substances seem a bit like a double standard in itself?
                      not unless dawson demands testing..which he wont

Comment

Working...
                      X