No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson's fighting style makes me angry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson's fighting style makes me angry

Seriously, Dawson's talent and athleticism is amazing at times, but he does not utilize them well enough. He fights lazy most of the time and his body language gives me the impression that he doesn't give a sh#t. And he's a very poor finisher.
    He reminds me of Zab Judah, another fighter with incredible talent but with the wrong mindset. I seriously hope Dawson doesn't put his talent to waste. I like his boxing skills but sometimes he makes me angry.

Well Zab certainly has the killer instinct...but I feel what your saying...as do plenty of other people...

Chad's gotta find it in himself...no trainer is gonna bring the "Bad" out of him...

Comment

nothins worse then coming out with hearns trunks then you cant ko a short fat euro....thats as bad as nate campbells gatti trunks then quitting lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        Seriously, Dawson's talent and athleticism is amazing at times, but he does not utilize them well enough. He fights lazy most of the time and his body language gives me the impression that he doesn't give a sh#t. And he's a very poor finisher.
        He reminds me of Zab Judah, another fighter with incredible talent but with the wrong mindset. I seriously hope Dawson doesn't put his talent to waste. I like his boxing skills but sometimes he makes me angry.

Comment

It has way more to do with his hunger and drive rather then his style

It just looks like he doesnt want to fight anymore

Comment

I agree 100%. Looks Bad Chad is a boring ass fighter that doesn't have the heart to be great. Very talented and physically gifted but does not utilize it. I think Zab is a fair comparison.

Comment

I agree, he fights like he rather would be home doing his taxes. His body language is un-motivating. It's weird cause at the end of the Pascal fight, he actually got mad and wanted to take Pascal out but got timid quick after he stunned Pascal with the uppercut. Dunno with him.

Comment

Exactly what I think. He has good height, he always seems to be in great physical shape, has real real boxing talent, but he's just not ambitious at all. I remember the last fight against Pascal when he got the cut, he looked very dangerous and explosive. But ins his last fight against Diaconu he looked very passive, I thought he could've finish the fight whenever he wanted, but he just didn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
                  dawson likes to fight at a slow pace.... he's too laid back.... he's like wlad

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    Exactly what I think. He has good height, he always seems to be in great physical shape, has real real boxing talent, but he's just not ambitious at all. I remember the last fight against Pascal when he got the cut, he looked very dangerous and explosive. But ins his last fight against Diaconu he looked very passive, I thought he could've finish the fight whenever he wanted, but he just didn't do it.
                    Everytime he hit Diaconu with a flushed shot, he will pause. He seems to be more content of just outboxing the guy instead of going for the jugular. I remember the Pascal fight too, he can be explosive when he wants too but he's not assertive enough. Steward pushed him to increase his workrate. I think he got the style that can beat Hopkins but he need to throw more punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X