Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i am curious on your thoughts overall on BHOP, and RJJ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hopkins got bigger names on his resume but Roy fought the tougher fights.

Ruiz
    Toney
    Tarver
    Griffin
    Hill
    Hopkins
    Reggie Johnson
    Mccallum

These aren't star names but this are the tougher fighters considering this is is their natural weight class, and if you notice most of them Roy had to move up to their comfortable weight to fight at

Trinidad
    De La Hoya
    Wright
    Pascal
    Glen Johnson
    Tarver
    Pavlik

Bernard made most of these men on his list move up. They are the bigger wins but to me atleast not the tougher or better wins.

Both men are a huge part of history but Roy Jones was clearly the better fighter and actually took more risks. As time goes on Roy will get much more credit, Hopkins as well but I feel a lot of people are riding Hopkins right now because he is winning and Roy is losing.

Comment

Jones will always be given the credit by those who value flash over substance.

I'm a fan of both, but obviously a bigger Hopkins fan. And I've been saying for years that Hopkins legacy is better than Roy's. Most people won't listen to this because multiple titles in multiple weight classes seems to be the only thing people value in this sport anymore.

But ever since the Tarver fight, Hopkins has continued to grind his way ahead of Jones in terms of skill, and the legacy thing is getting closer and closer. Then Roy got murked by Johnson, which further proved my point. Then Hopkisn beat Roy handily, and further proved my point.

And this past Saturday night Hopkins set a record and won yet another title, while Roy got murked.....again.

Comment

Hopkins > Jones

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Jones will always be given the credit by those who value flash over substance.

I'm a fan of both, but obviously a bigger Hopkins fan. And I've been saying for years that Hopkins legacy is better than Roy's. Most people won't listen to this because multiple titles in multiple weight classes seems to be the only thing people value in this sport anymore.

But ever since the Tarver fight, Hopkins has continued to grind his way ahead of Jones in terms of skill, and the legacy thing is getting closer and closer. Then Roy got murked by Johnson, which further proved my point. Then Hopkisn beat Roy handily, and further proved my point.

And this past Saturday night Hopkins set a record and won yet another title, while Roy got murked.....again.
          This is no way effects whether Hopkins is better. Roy losing when he's shot doesn't change what he did when he wasn't shot, and what Roy Jones has accomplished is still better than what Hopkins has done. Roy at his best was better, and he's accomplished more.

Comment

Working...
          X