Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this proof that Calzaghe didn't beat an over the hill Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blubba View Post
    chase greatness? i think his chances of that was long gone before he even took on the two granny boys. so i think retiring was the only option.
    i would say his plan worked. some people think he's a great fighter. he tried to take the short cut by beating 2 past it greats but he miscalculated with how far gone hopkins was and paid the price. even though he got the decision his confidence must have been destroyed. he waited his entire career for these guys to get old(used to be scared of flying when they were prime) and even when hopkins did get old he still couldn't beat him legit.

Comment

Calzaghe's win over Hopkins is looking pretty good now, no denying it. There are still bitter ****s saying Hopkins won? Lol, give me a break. Hopkins had to fake a low blow to catch his breath, embarrassing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
        Calzaghe beat a prime Eubank, prime Hopkins, and prime Roy Jones.

Jones stopping Lacy, which has never been done before, proved Roy was in his prime vs Joe.

Hopkins beating Pascal twice, and prior to that beating a prime Jones, but damaged from the Calzaghe fight, in their rematch, proved Hopkins was still prime against Calzaghe.

And finally Eubanks two then-recent 12 round losing efforts with the great Steve Collins, proved Eubank was entering the Calzaghe fight at his best.

Roy was in his prime vs joe because he stopped lacy? who was unstoppable @ the time i guess......I don't think these guys trying to add fluff to joe's resume understand the meaning of the word prime. BHOP was in his 40's.... and RJJ was NOT in his prime.... no matter how good it feels to have calzaghe's meat inside of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
          Calzaghe's win over Hopkins is looking pretty good now, no denying it. There are still bitter ****s saying Hopkins won? Lol, give me a break. Hopkins had to fake a low blow to catch his breath, embarrassing stuff.
          calzaghe had to fake a low blow against bika to catch his breath, embarrassing stuff. obviously you think bika beat calzaghe since fights are scored off of low blows not clean punching in your mind. at least you are consistent. resting after a low blow=you lose automatically

Comment

Originally posted by 2FastXL View Post
            The Hopkins-Pascal fight made Calzaghes resume look even better.
            This is proof Calz didn't fight this Hopkins.

Comment

Let me just school a couple of these idiotic make believe boxing fans.

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              You are a thick piece of shit
              That is pretty clever there. So I was able to make you throw childish insults at me. I must have hit a nerve there. Truth hurts, doesn't it? Or like your hero would say, 'isn't it?'?

You know nothing about boxing, get the hell out of her and take these ******ed so called fans with you
              Kid, I have forgotten more about boxing than you and your entire bloodline knows.

Calzaghe outboxed hopkins
              How? By getting hit with cleaner punches? By getting knocked down? By missing or not landing cleanly for 99% of the fight? By being more active missing i.e. ineffective aggression?

the fact even leading journos and pundits had calzaghe winning shows how thick you really are
              Most people with any boxing knowledge will say that Hopkins won that fight, so it goes both ways. It was a close fight, I'll give you that, but if you're gonna base your argument on what other people say then that says it all doesn't it? You rely on others.

Calzaghe landed 232 punches in that fight, hopkins landed 127, use you head for christ sake
              Beautiful. So that's where the problem lies. You don't watch fights. You base all of your beliefs on other peoples' opinions and COMPUBOX, the WONDERFUL modern device that allows moronic fighter's fans(these are not boxing fans. they just like 1 fighter or more because of nationality. like you do) to say stuff about fights without actually having to watch the fights again.

Listen kid, compubox doesn't tell half the story of a fight. When it comes to scoring a fight it is useless because it counts irrelevant punches as well, and believe me Calzaghe did not land more than 2 good shots on ol' Popkins in the entire fight. I'm talking HARD flush punches. Hopkins on the other hand was landing those in almost every round, plus he knocked him down too.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i would say his plan worked. some people think he's a great fighter. he tried to take the short cut by beating 2 past it greats but he miscalculated with how far gone hopkins was and paid the price. even though he got the decision his confidence must have been destroyed. he waited his entire career for these guys to get old(used to be scared of flying when they were prime) and even when hopkins did get old he still couldn't beat him legit.
                You know full well that Hopkins turned down Joe in 2002. Showtime and Calzaghe were desperate for it. Yet Hopkins backed out after initially agreeing to fight.

How can you fight someone who doesn't want to fight you?

You just keep living in denial.

Comment

all the calzaghe ever threw were those open palm girl slaps. half of them not even landing and the judges gave him rounds because of that. i guess all u got to do is flail your arms wildly like a ***** and the judges will award u the round over someone u is landing percise punches

Comment

Bernard isn't obviously in his prime but he's still a very good fighter...I gave Calzaghe credit for the win...

Now his win over Jones means nothing...

Comment

• all i know is Calzaghe isnt fighting anymore at 36 Hopkins is though at 46....

im also sure Calzaghe knew Hopkins was 6-1 in rematches and a tape guy...LOL Calzaghe win was defintely a good one i had him winning by 2 rds just on work and gay slaps you had to score, but to fight JonesJr and not a rematch with Hop and retire takes a little off his so called LEGACY, looks like he was scared....

Even with his wins Calzaghe is not on Jones Jr or Hopkins overall level...

Comment

Working...
                      X