Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benard Hopkins is the greatest fighter of this Generation not Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
    1. Sugar Ray Robinson
    2. Muhammad Ali
    3. Joe Louis
    4. Willie Pep
    5. Jack Johnson
    6. Jack Dempsey
    7. Henry Armstrong
    8. Archie Moore
    9. Bernard Hopkins
    10. Benny Leonard

Can I see yours?
    ....So no Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran?

I'd say he may be in the top 30. Possibly. I certainly put him above Hagler now for longevity, and as a middleweight with his 20 defenses.
    Last edited by Stromprophet; 05-22-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
      1. Sugar Ray Robinson
      2. Muhammad Ali
      3. Joe Louis
      4. Willie Pep
      5. Jack Johnson
      6. Jack Dempsey
      7. Henry Armstrong
      8. Archie Moore
      9. Bernard Hopkins
      10. Benny Leonard

Can I see yours?
      I just entered this thread and saw this. Wow.

Comment

His losses against Taylor and his loss against Calzaghe probably hindered him from winning the Fighter of the Decade award. Other than those losses, he beat undefeated Trinidad, 175 lineal champion Tarver, undefeated Pavlik, beat Pascal twice imo, beat Winky and DLH.

Pacquiao lost to Morales and at least once to Marquez, some think it was twice. Beat 140 lineal champion Hatton, Cotto at 145, DLH at 147, Marquez, Barrera twice, Morales twice, i'' give him undefeated Solis but i'm reaching there, that's like giving Hopkins Joppy.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
          Oscar has wins over Felix Sturm, Fernando Vargas, Jaiver Castillejo, Arturo Gatti, Obar Carr, Ike Quarty, Julio Ceaser Chave twice, Pernel Whitaker when he was the P4P best fighter in the world, Jesse James Leija, John John Molina.

That's a impressive resume. And some of his losses should of gone the other way. The second Mosley fight, definetly the Trinidad fight. C'mon man it's not even close.

Don't let me hear that he beat Chavez when he was old, because Chavez was still the WBC 140 pound champ when Oscar beat him. If you want to say he should of lost the Sturm fight, remember he should of won the second Mosley fight and the Trinidad fight.
          Chavez was still 32 when he lost to DLH, but some will say he was "old" in "boxing years". I Don't know what to think of that, but it is possible to become old in boxing years at such a relatively young human age. With all the fights he had, over 100, but let's not exaggerate it now, it's a padded record, like they're doing with Chavez Jr, inflating his record.

I agree with the last sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Maybe you should take even a closer look. Because, more importantly than who you beat is when you beat them.
            ???

Interesting. So, we should discredit Ali cause he basically lost a bunch of fights late in his career. Or Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, etc, etc, etc.

Objectively, Calzaghe beat a bunch of nobodies he was supposed to beat for a lot of title defenses. He had some great victories at the end of his career (how many, oh yeah, 3 elite fighters, Jones, Hopkins, Kessler), but the body of work doesn't put him much higher than just being top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Stromprophet View Post
              ....So no Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran?

I'd say he may be in the top 30. Possibly. I certainly put him above Hagler now for longevity, and as a middleweight with his 20 defenses.
              Leonard and Duran are 11, and 12. Besides, this is what happens when the fighter is currently fighting. Like the old saying goes "We don't know what we have until it's gone." Until he finally retires is when he starts getting appreciated for what he has done in the past 20 years.

Comment

Dont get carried away with BH by saying the best of this generation. Pac has been a steamroller since basically beating Barrera.

BH is getting credit for doing well in old age. But Tarver, Pavlik, Pascals are basically not that good.

Pac would have outclassed them real bad and then be accused of cherry picking big time.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  More importantly than who is when.

LOL @ your third paragraph...Wow...
                  Go ahead a break down Calzaghe's resume. If you can't then shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Dont get carried away with BH by saying the best of this generation. Pac has been a steamroller since basically beating Barrera.

BH is getting credit for doing well in old age. But Tarver, Pavlik, Pascals are basically not that good.

Pac would have outclassed them real bad and then be accused of cherry picking big time.
                    Both Tarver and Pavlik where in everyone P4P top ten when Bernard beat them and Pascal was the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                      His losses against Taylor and his loss against Calzaghe probably hindered him from winning the Fighter of the Decade award. Other than those losses, he beat undefeated Trinidad, 175 lineal champion Tarver, undefeated Pavlik, beat Pascal twice imo, beat Winky and DLH.

Pacquiao lost to Morales and at least once to Marquez, some think it was twice. Beat 140 lineal champion Hatton, Cotto at 145, DLH at 147, Marquez, Barrera twice, Morales twice, i'' give him undefeated Solis but i'm reaching there, that's like giving Hopkins Joppy.
                      How can you say one guys victories and change another guys?

Marquez got a loss and draw against pac.....

How about we all say hopkins got 2 losses against pascal

Comment

Working...
                      X