Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benard Hopkins is the greatest fighter of this Generation not Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Well if you count losses then I guess not. But, I take "W" over "L" any day of the week.
    Take a close look at who De La Hoya beat and compare that to Calzaghe, it's not even close. De la Hoya has hands down the better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
      Take a close look at who De La Hoya beat and compare that to Calzaghe, it's not even close. De la Hoya has hands down the better resume.
      Maybe you should take even a closer look. Because, more importantly than who you beat is when you beat them.

Comment

Hopkins is from a different cloth for sure. Incredible performance for a 46 year old.. Schooling fools before I was even born man. Hopkins is a special fighter and has cemented his legacy as a top 25 ATG.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a couple more of these guys to school till he's 48, as I said before, dude is from a different cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
          Hopkins is from a different cloth for sure. Incredible performance for a 46 year old.. Schooling fools before I was even born man. Hopkins is a special fighter and has cemented his legacy as a top 25 ATG.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a couple more of these guys to school till he's 48, as I said before, dude is from a different cloth.
          Top 25 ATG? Really?

Comment

Maybe you should take even a closer look. Because, more importantly than who you beat is when you beat them.
            Oscar has wins over Felix Sturm, Fernando Vargas, Jaiver Castillejo, Arturo Gatti, Obar Carr, Ike Quarty, Julio Ceaser Chave twice, Pernel Whitaker when he was the P4P best fighter in the world, Jesse James Leija, John John Molina.

That's a impressive resume. And some of his losses should of gone the other way. The second Mosley fight, definetly the Trinidad fight. C'mon man it's not even close.

Don't let me hear that he beat Chavez when he was old, because Chavez was still the WBC 140 pound champ when Oscar beat him. If you want to say he should of lost the Sturm fight, remember he should of won the second Mosley fight and the Trinidad fight.

Comment

I'm happy that Hopkins finally got the global respect he worked so hard for. He is a true role model, and a inspiration for all kids out there who made mistakes in their lives. It's never too late to make something of yourself.

Hopkins IMO is easily a top 10 ATG. I've been a fan since 2001 and always will be.

Comment

Oscar has wins over Felix Sturm, Fernando Vargas, Jaiver Castillejo, Arturo Gatti, Obar Carr, Ike Quarty, Julio Ceaser Chave twice, Pernel Whitaker when he was the P4P best fighter in the world, Jesse James Leija, John John Molina.

That's a impressive resume. And some of his losses should of gone the other way. The second Mosley fight, definetly the Trinidad fight. C'mon man it's not even close.

Don't let me hear that he beat Chavez when he was old, because Chavez was still the WBC 140 pound champ when Oscar beat him. If you want to say he should of lost the Sturm fight, remember he should of won the second Mosley fight and the Trinidad fight.
                More importantly than who is when.

LOL @ your third paragraph...Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                  I'm happy that Hopkins finally got the global respect he worked so hard for. He is a true role model, and a inspiration for all kids out there who made mistakes in their lives. It's never too late to make something of yourself.

Hopkins IMO is easily a top 10 ATG. I've been a fan since 2001 and always will be.
                  Let me see your top 10 ATG list.

Comment

Let me see your top 10 ATG list.
                    1. Sugar Ray Robinson
                    2. Muhammad Ali
                    3. Joe Louis
                    4. Willie Pep
                    5. Jack Johnson
                    6. Jack Dempsey
                    7. Henry Armstrong
                    8. Archie Moore
                    9. Bernard Hopkins
                    10. Benny Leonard

Can I see yours?

Comment

Forget jumping weight classes by cherry picking, this man dominated the middleweight division for 10 years, making 20 defenses of his title and is now a 2 time Light Heavyweight Champion and is the oldest fighter ever to win a world title.

This man fought everyone, lost some, won most and is still kicking ass at the age of 46.

Bernard Hopkins is the greatest and Pacquiao and Mayweather can fight for second place.
                      You do realize they are not in the same generation right?

Hopkins is 15 years older than Pacman. I've been a Bhop fan a long, long time, and what he has done is awesome. But Pac still has a ways to go yet and can improve his mark when it's all said and done.

Comment

Working...
                      X