Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
    The boy carried his whole country on his back in the olympics and brought home the gold medal, even after that he was booed in his first fight because the public wasn't "entertained" enough, he went and fought Paul Smith and again he was cast as the "villain" just because he talks up his skills and hypes up the fight, now we come to todays clash with George Groves and the way that fecking crowd were acting you would have thought Degale was foreign!! ,

Then to round off the night those dumb judges try to derail the kid's career by handing Groves an absolute gift he didn't deserve!!, but that's "britain" for you, you aren't getting a decision unless you're a (white) brawler who the fans love it seems, we saw the same thing happen to Dirrell against Froch but i didn't think they'd do it to a top British prospect,

After this shambles i think Degale should head for America where he'll be able to hone his skills with a better trainer and fight infront of audiences who will appreciate his skills more, instead of fighting infront of people who are praying for him to lose and judges who are easily influenced by them,

In closing this will be a sickener for James, and he'll probably be questioning himself and his future, but i hope he takes my advice and leaves britain behind and starts fresh, he clearly wasn't at his best tonight and has a few things to learn but he can still prove people wrong by fulfilling his potential, then in the future maybe he can get a rematch with Groves!!..preferably OUTSIDE of britain.
    That was because he fought in Smith's home town.Dont start acting like Degale doesnt have many fans plenty a people were cheering for him

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
      Muhammed Ali is arguably the best loved fighter to ever set foot on these shores, and he was a cocky, black American fighter.

To understand why certain fighters are well liked here while others are not, it helps to have some understanding of the British mentality/culture. One of the reasons why Haye and Hamed - brash, cocky, black fighters - are more popular amongst the general British fight public than similar fighters in Khan and Degale, is because the former are often funny and/or clever with their arrogance, whilst the latter are not. It's not a simple case of white/warrior = good, black/arrogant = bad.
      1 Naz isn't black

2. Ali was absolutely hated by all and sundry in his peak!!. it's only after his career ended did people really start to appreciate just how good he was,

3. Haye hasn't got a massive following in the UK

4. Froch talks a lot of sh/t too but i don't recall him ever being booed in his own country like Degale has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        Exactly, and didn't Gervais have a marginally less fat percentage than a pork scratching?

I think everyone understands that Big Danny would have been a real ring legend if he didn't have Jim. I bet it was Jim who got Danny into Mr Kipling. Danny would be round his house and want something to eat and all Jim would have was Pot Noddles, and a few Mr Kipling Slices..............and that was it.
        You knows it. Danny woulda been GOAT had Jim not got into his head. Word on the grapevine was Jimmy started dealing in Kipling stuffs down at the Docklands. He got Danny hooked.
        Night before the Skelton fight he was on the phone to Jim begging him to bring round a freshly baked batch of the good stuff.

Comment

What was the last high-profile domestic fight Froch had? A shot Robin Reid, Matthew Barney? My God you're reachin. Froch got alot of detractors for his pursual of Calzaghe. Now if Haye dosen't have a big following, than Froch's is pretty much non-existent outstide Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
            You knows it. Danny woulda been GOAT had Jim not got into his head. Word on the grapevine was Jimmy started dealing in Kipling stuffs down at the Docklands. He got Danny hooked.
            Night before the Skelton fight he was on the phone to Jim begging him to bring round a freshly baked batch of the good stuff.
            The problem with the Kipling's is they aren't really fresh when they reach us. They have a half-life of 2362 years and will survive a nuclear apocalypse. Them, the cockroaches and the pot noddles.

Jim shouldn't have been putting that rubbish into Danny's body. He's a bad man. Not everybody has to live their life by the rule: just add water.

Comment

And yet when Froch was just walking forward and landing "LESS PUNCHES" than Dirrell he got the decision!!..how ironic!! .
              Huh? I thought Dirrell won that fight.

Even Jim watt had it in Degale's favor and he was rooting for Groves before the fight!!, one judge having it a draw don't mean sh/t!!..it was the same with Oscar Vs Floyd even though Floyd clearly dominated that fight, what matters is THE END RESULT and imo James got robbed.
              Jim Watt had it by a single round to Degale, and you think that's evidence in favour of Chunky being robbed. LOL. Almost everybody I've heard from had this fight by one round to either guy. ONE ROUND. That's the definition of a close fight, not a robbery.

Watch more boxing, kid.

Comment

DeGale loves London more than almost any other boxer. He has stated his desire to remain in London many times. Plus he can make a lot of money in the UK.

They did chant 'Chunky' many times. And DeGale does have an overly loud mouth, so he has no one to blame but himself. At the same time, Groves comes off as a nice dude, so the audience's reaction was hardly surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  Why wouldn't they buy into what they're seeing on the surface? They liked him because he was telling the jokes you hear 'down the pub', because he advertised local businesses on his boxing gear, because he bought the football supporters element into it, a large chunk of his fans were Manchester City followers, and most importantly because he was there for a scrap. If he was a tit under the surface, then obviously his infact millions of followers aren't all going to be aware of it, why would they be aware?

At the end of the day that's just pure pessimism, and sounds to me like you're being slightly too sceptical with the whole third-person argument. Moreover the fans "being left in tents" sounds a bit hear'say. The borderline xenophobia is also most welcome.
                  I'm actually arguing against a blatantly xenophobic point of view in my exchange with the other guy.

I mean, that Benn was popular here and turned out to be a genuinely good guy doesn't mean that the English are good judges of mens' character. That's more a coincidence.

Ricky Hatton was more popular and he's not half the caliber of individual that Benn was/is.

It's nice that he repped local businesses on his gear and supported a sports team, but many fighters do these things. As for 'ooh, Ricky told "laddy" jokes, he must be a modest, humble chappy' - that's the kind of superficial crud I'm talking about.

There was nothing of hearsay about those anecdotes, BTW. Fans had complained and expressed their discontentment on a number of issues related to the Hatton brand on his own forum.

I'm not saying I expect the English to be more perceptive, BTW - I don't. I expect them to continue to buy into the same old stereotypes they've bought into for time immemorial. Doesn't mean I won't make observations on it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                    The problem with the Kipling's is they aren't really fresh when they reach us. They have a half-life of 2362 years and will survive a nuclear apocalypse. Them, the cockroaches and the pot noddles.

Jim shouldn't have been putting that rubbish into Danny's body. He's a bad man. Not everybody has to live their life by the rule: just add water.
                    Oh that's very true. Fresh is best.

I like my chicken to still be moving when it goes into the oven and I like my fruit still attached to the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
                      DeGale loves London more than almost any other boxer. He has stated his desire to remain in London many times. Plus he can make a lot of money in the UK.

They did chant 'Chunky' many times. And DeGale does have an overly loud mouth, so he has no one to blame but himself. At the same time, Groves comes off as a nice dude, so the audience's reaction was hardly surprising.
                      exactly. there had to be a fan favorite. it's not like degale was fighting a white american, or white eastern-euro dude - he was fighting a fellow brit.

Comment

Working...
                      X