Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got up to the bit where this geezer was rambling on about a gift decision and stopped reading. fight was close man, could have gone either way.

degale got a bad reception because he has played the villain, acting like a **** etc etc. its good for boxing because if every fighter was friendly then it would not be as good.

degale did not do enough, simple as that. he can come back from that tho

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
      Oh P/ss off!!.. i put the facts on the table!!.. Dirrell got robbed and so did Chunky tonight!!.. people are acting like Groves stayed silent as a mouse leading up to the fight!! .. YOU LOT ARE HYPORCRITES!!.
      What ****ing fight were you watching? Groves outsmarted him throughout the fight. Degale doesn't have the destire to win like Groves, that's why he loss.

Comment

Jim McDonnell is probably eating his pot noddles now.

Probably taste like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
          The judges didn't clearly go for the home fighter; two of them scored the fight for Groves by a single round, which by no means was unreasonable based on the action in the ring. Degale - whose aggressiveness you've lauded - threw less punches, landed less punches, and landed them at a lower percentage. A criteria for judging is effective aggressiveness, not simply walking forward without doing much of anything. You're insane if you think this was a robbery.
          And yet when Froch was just walking forward and landing "LESS PUNCHES" than Dirrell he got the decision!!..how ironic!! .

Even Jim watt had it in Degale's favor and he was rooting for Groves before the fight!!, one judge having it a draw don't mean sh/t!!..it was the same with Oscar Vs Floyd even though Floyd clearly dominated that fight, what matters is THE END RESULT and imo James got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
            Jim McDonnell is probably eating his pot noddles now.

Probably taste like crap.
            He knows he's a crap trainer anyway.

Couldn't even train Grant Bovey to beat Gervais.

Comment

The boy carried his whole country on his back in the olympics and brought home the gold medal, even after that he was booed in his first fight because the public wasn't "entertained" enough, he went and fought Paul Smith and again he was cast as the "villain" just because he talks up his skills and hypes up the fight, now we come to todays clash with George Groves and the way that fecking crowd were acting you would have thought Degale was foreign!! ,

Then to round off the night those dumb judges try to derail the kid's career by handing Groves an absolute gift he didn't deserve!!, but that's "britain" for you, you aren't getting a decision unless you're a (white) brawler who the fans love it seems, we saw the same thing happen to Dirrell against Froch but i didn't think they'd do it to a top British prospect,

After this shambles i think Degale should head for America where he'll be able to hone his skills with a better trainer and fight infront of audiences who will appreciate his skills more, instead of fighting infront of people who are praying for him to lose and judges who are easily influenced by them,

In closing this will be a sickener for James, and he'll probably be questioning himself and his future, but i hope he takes my advice and leaves britain behind and starts fresh, he clearly wasn't at his best tonight and has a few things to learn but he can still prove people wrong by fulfilling his potential, then in the future maybe he can get a rematch with Groves!!..preferably OUTSIDE of britain.

come on dude, give groves some respect and credit and let him enjoy his moment without bringing race and country up. Ive never got the vibe that England is racist - in fact they love David Haye and I don't know why. . . england loves degale too, but in this particular matchup he was the bad guy; he doesn't care - he knows he is appreciated by england.

personally, i thought degale should have got the decision; but I only had him winning 115-114 so it's not a robbery at all. groves was expected to get KO'd, and he boxed beautifully for the most part.
              Last edited by UglyPug; 05-21-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

They only liked Bruno because he was a brawler who used to get beaten up!!.. but put a ****y black fighter in the ring who can actually fight and it becomes a different story!! .
                Muhammed Ali is arguably the best loved fighter to ever set foot on these shores, and he was a ****y, black American fighter.

To understand why certain fighters are well liked here while others are not, it helps to have some understanding of the British mentality/culture. One of the reasons why Haye and Hamed - brash, ****y, black fighters - are more popular amongst the general British fight public than similar fighters in Khan and Degale, is because the former are often funny and/or clever with their arrogance, whilst the latter are not. It's not a simple case of white/warrior = good, black/arrogant = bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                  What ****ing fight were you watching? Groves outsmarted him throughout the fight. Degale doesn't have the destire to win like Groves, that's why he loss.
                  I was watching THE SAME FIGHT JIM WATT SCORED FOR DEGALE!!.. you know that former BOXER who was commentating on the fight? .

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                    He knows he's a crap trainer anyway.

Couldn't even train Grant Bovey to beat Gervais.
                    Exactly, and didn't Gervais have a marginally less fat percentage than a pork scratching?

I think everyone understands that Big Danny would have been a real ring legend if he didn't have Jim. I bet it was Jim who got Danny into Mr Kipling. Danny would be round his house and want something to eat and all Jim would have was Pot Noddles, and a few Mr Kipling Slices..............and that was it.

Comment

Oh P/ss off!!.. i put the facts on the table!!.. Dirrell got robbed and so did Chunky tonight!!.. people are acting like Groves stayed silent as a mouse leading up to the fight!! .. YOU LOT ARE HYPORCRITES!!.
                      Well Mary, sorry I ever mentioned the Froch-Dirrell fight...Oh wait I didn't. I would be in full agreement, I had Dirrell by 3 rounds. I don't suppose the decision could have more to do with the fact one boxer was from Britain, the other from another country. I think that's slightly more likely than a mass race conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X