Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
    Harsh. But you're the sort I'm talking about.

Well at home with the Toneys and Hopkins sorts who spout personal insulting cack from their mouths and the Yanks fans lap it up like they've just conducted a orchestra.
    I never once said anything about the training standards, I was talking about the differences in nature between Brit and Yank fight fans.
    I'm not American, you prat. I'm just not a typically dumb Limey who buys into all the shallow personality crap that you do.

Why was Gatti such an admired fighter of the last decade by US fight-fans?

Why is Pacquiao more popular in the US than he is in the UK? LMAO, Mayweather has more of a following in the UK and he's generally perceived to be lesser warrior of the two.

All that the typical British fight fan cares about is supporting 'our boys' (no matter how untalented or lacking in personality they may be) - if two of them face off, public favor will naturally err to the side of the 'hero' and not the 'heel'. Not a knock on Groves, BTW, as I like the kid. - he has some talent and personality.

Ricky Hatton was lauded for being a 'humble guy' by UK fight fans. That pretty much says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
      Feck off you emotional PR/CK!!..i'm just pointing out the facts, Dirrell got robbed and the olympic gold medalist (and better prospect than Groves) got robbed too!!, if they were fair they would have just scored it a draw and be done with it, but to derail the lad's career like that was fecking madness!!.
      But he didn't have to win, did he? It wasn't his right.

From were I was I thought DeGale might have squeaked it by two rounds but I was up in clouds at the 02 and the most impressive punch from either fighter was Groves' Jab.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
        I'm not American, you prat. I'm just not a typically dumb Limey who buys into all the shallow personality crap that you do.

Why was Gatti such an admired fighter of the last decade by US fight-fans?

Why is Pacquiao more popular in the US than he is in the UK? LMAO, Mayweather has more of a following in the UK and he's generally perceived to be lesser warrior of the two.

All that the typical British fight fan cares about is supporting 'our boys' (no matter how untalented or lacking in personality they may be) - if two of them face off, public favor will naturally err to the side of the 'hero' and not the 'heel'. Not a knock on Groves, BTW, as I like the kid. - he has some talent and personality.

Ricky Hatton was lauded for being a 'humble guy' by UK fight fans. That pretty much says it all.

Once again, never said you were American. Just said you'd be well at home amongst them.
        Give DeGale a Yank trainer/manager they'd accuse Groves of being on peds and the fight wouldn't happen until 2016.

Comment

And Groves CLEARLY won the fight right?

deluded prat!!
          No, it was a close fight that could have gone either way. Calling a fight that the majority of people here had by a round either way - and which was scored a draw on one official card and by a single round on the two others - a robbery however, is really, really dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
            Also, I believe he stops Groves in an immediate rematch. He doesn't have to go outside of the UK to win - just some more urgency and aggression tonight would have done it, because he was actually breaking Groves down and finished the stronger fighter.

I doubt he'd make the same mistake again.
            Originally posted by S.G. View Post
            I'm not ready to write him off yet. Okay, he has his flaws, but a combination of the pressure (which he partially put on himself), the step up in class and maybe a record of slightly flattering opposition thus far just took their toll. Groves obviously entered the ring as the more prepared man, training-wise, career-wise and attitude-wise.

It's an old cliche, but maybe DeGale will be better off for this early loss, and maybe he can avenge it somewhere down the line. Groves looked better than I thought he could tonight, but I still feel that DeGale has a higher ceiling of potential thanks to his athletic gifts.

He was never gonna be a real Andre Ward-esque world beater, though.
            Degale is defiantly the more gifted and talented boxer, but mentality wise Groves is stronger. When the going gets tough Groves seems to be able to deal with the pressure much better than Degale!

I mean I'm not writing Degale off, but having all the skills doesn't bring you titles! I'm inclined to question the mentality of Degale at the moment, because his attitude in the final rounds was questionable. Groves seems that guy to go the extra mile - not Degale though.

In the next year, we're going to see what Degale is really made of, it's make or break for him now. He has the talent and skills, but the mentality of a champion? I'm not so sure, this could be his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
              Once again, never said you were American. Just said you'd be well at home amongst them.
              Give DeGale a Yank trainer/manager they'd accuse Groves of being on peds and the fight wouldn't happen until 2016.
              I'm at home among people who actually know what they're talking about, regardless of nationality.

You realize that Pacquiao is arguably more popular/supported in the US than Mayweather is, right? I mean, if all you have to support your pathetically weak argument is a dig at one fighter whom you hate (Mayweather), you might as well just quit.

Comment

And Groves CLEARLY won the fight right?

deluded prat!!
                You're deluded if you think it was a a robbery. It was an extremely close fight, and I think a draw would have been a fair result.

I'm a huge Degale fan, but the fact still remains is that a huge ***** in his armour is he loses focus. That was a huge problem in the amatuers. I used to watch amatuer fights of his and he would be looking at people in the audience. Another problem of his was he didn't let his hands go.

Your little theory is completely BS aswell. Frank Bruno was a huge fan favourite, fights fans respect modesty and heart above all else. They also like no-nonsense fighters from working class backgrounds that don't shout their mouths of, just get in there wanting to fight like Nigel Benn.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                  Degale is defiantly the more gifted and talented boxer, but mentality wise Groves is stronger. When the going gets tough Groves seems to be able to deal with the pressure much better than Degale!
                  Nah, DeGale didn't wilt under pressure at all. He finished the stronger fighter. His hamartia was lack of urgency. He could have gone in on Groves with some real purpose to get him out of there, but didn't seem to realize that he couldn't count on a decision and coasted.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                    No, it was a close fight that could have gone either way. Calling a fight that the majority of people here had by a round either way - and which was scored a draw on one official card and by a single round on the two others - a robbery however, is really, really dumb.
                    It was a robbery because the fecking judges clearly went for the "home man" you plank!!.. that's my point, Groves had the crowd so they gave it to him, despite the fact that he wasn't the better man on the night and Degale was more aggressive,

Hopefully you can comprehend me now!! .

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                      You're deluded if you think it was a a robbery. It was an extremely close fight, and I think a draw would have been a fair result.

I'm a huge Degale fan, but the fact still remains is that a huge ***** in his armour is he loses focus. That was a huge problem in the amatuers. I used to watch amatuer fights of his and he would be looking at people in the audience. Another problem of his was he didn't let his hands go.

Your little theory is completely BS aswell. Frank Bruno was a huge fan favourite, fights fans respect modesty and heart above all else. They also like no-nonsense fighters from working class backgrounds that don't shout their mouths of, just get in there wanting to fight like Nigel Benn.
                      They only liked Bruno because he was a brawler who used to get beaten up!!.. but put a cocky black fighter in the ring who can actually fight and it becomes a different story!! .

Comment

Working...
                      X