No announcement yet.

Juergen Braehmer statement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juergen Braehmer statement

Former WBO light heavyweight champion Juegen Braehmer has issued a statement regarding his third straight cancellation of a title defense, which resulted in his title being stripped and awarded to interim champion Nathan Cleverly.

Dear fans and friends in boxing,

I am profoundly unhappy during these days. I trained very hard for this fight and my fight preparations were outstanding. On Tuesday, 5/17 I suffered an old injury again. This occurred at the final sparring. My doctors gave me the feedback that the stitches in the cut on the eyelid couldn’t come out until the following week on Tuesday.

Finally I thank all my fans who wanted to support me in England. I regret very much that you were inconvenienced due to the fight cancellation. These events will not keep me from continuing! I’ve always been a fighter and still haven’t reached where I want to be.

Yours, Juergen
    —–
    Whether Braehmer actually received the cut while sparring is in dispute. BILD is reporting that the cut was supposedly reopened by a towel after a shower. The former champ has been unreachable since Wednesday

Its ok Jürgen, there'll be another time. Good luck with the training!

Comment

Go **** yourself Jurgen. Everybody knows you are a joke.

Comment

That's one sharp towel.

Comment

If this was a one time deal ok forgiven but this is becoming a pattern he needs to just retire

Comment

He probably would have beaten Cleverly as well, this will go down as a missed opportunity for him.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk1304 View Post
              He probably would have beaten Cleverly as well, this will go down as a missed opportunity for him.
              he would not have beaten him.

he knew that.

Comment

there was a medical check on monday i think, it was all clear, he did not provide any evidence to the wbo or warren that his injury was legitimate, if he did then he would not have been stripped

Comment

This bloke is a joke. He should never be allowed to fight for a world title again.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                    This bloke is a joke. He should never be allowed to fight for a world title again.
                    No he's not. He's simply a victim of living in Germany, under German trainers and promoters.

Comment

Working...
                    X