No announcement yet.

Can we at least get Cotto-Floyd @ 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borikua View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Cotto would agree to OST. It would be a good fight imo and Floyd should win it without much problem. Floyd would also make a statement if he can stop Cotto earlier than Pac did.

i would like to see a Cotto/Floyd fight.

though i stated previously that cotto and pac should give the younger challengers a chance to shine, it doesn't mean i wouldn't be interested in seeing them against each other in the ring again.

Unfortunately, its very likely that floyd would make an excuse of Cotto being one Pac's leftovers and avoid fighting him as well.

i believe that Cotto deserves another shot at Pac or a fight with Floyd. he certainly earned it. (though i personally think the odds are against him in both cases, but he still has a shot nonetheless)

Comment

Im Sorry but Cotto still lives in Puerto Rico not gonna happend!!!

Comment

I simply don't understand why people want Cotto to fight Martinez.He's roughly the same size as Manny & Floyd & considered much less great.I would love to see Cotto get a shot at Floyd.He's never been beaten by a defensive minded fighter & fans should take that into consideration when breaking down that particular Matchup.I think Cotto has a better chance than people are willing to accept.

I just don't see why people want Cotto to fight Martinez.But get all butthurt when people want Floyd & Manny who are considered better than Cotto to fight Martinez.That's just weird to me.One vacations when he feels threatened,the other only fights old shot fighters now,but Cotto who already got whooped by Pacman should fight Martinez,ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          Yes, Floyd would out box Cotto for 12 boring rounds, you know this. He would do what Pac did to him, it would look much like what Floyd did to Marquez. I like the Jr, Angulo or Canelo fights because Cotto is still a better boxer than all 3 of those guys but he's older and they are coming up. The styles would also make for a much more exciting fight.

Cotto should go nowhere near Martinez at any weight. It would end in brutal fashion.
          Stop the boring ****...it's getting boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I simply don't understand why people want Cotto to fight Martinez.He's roughly the same size as Manny & Floyd & considered much less great.I would love to see Cotto get a shot at Floyd.He's never been beaten by a defensive minded fighter & fans should take that into consideration when breaking down that particular Matchup.I think Cotto has a better chance than people are willing to accept.

I just don't see why people want Cotto to fight Martinez.But get all butthurt when people want Floyd & Manny who are considered better than Cotto to fight Martinez.That's just weird to me.One vacations when he feels threatened,the other only fights old shot fighters now,but Cotto who already got whooped by Pacman should fight Martinez,ok.
            Really, please explain how Cotto has a chance vs Floyd? You say people aren't willing to accept this FACT? LOL

Floyd boxes Cotto's ears off for 12 rounds in the same fashion he always does. Cotto would be there all night to be hit and wouldn't lay a glove on Floyd.

Can we please stop with the Cotto vs Pacqauio, Floyd or Martinez fights.....they are POINTLESS.

Comment

Really, please explain how Cotto has a chance vs Floyd? You say people aren't willing to accept this FACT? LOL

Floyd boxes Cotto's ears off for 12 rounds in the same fashion he always does. Cotto would be there all night to be hit and wouldn't lay a glove on Floyd.

Can we please stop with the Cotto vs Pacqauio, Floyd or Martinez fights.....they are POINTLESS.
              Never said anything was a fact,but nice try.I suggest U reread that & get ur **** straight.What I said was Cotto has never been beaten by a defensive minded fighter.That's something that should be considered when breaking down that particular matchup.

Comment

STFU Pocho, Cotto will be very competitive with all 3.

You criticise cotto for trying to fight this guys, but if he doesnt and fights Cintron or chavez youll quickly will call him a cherry picker and a protected fighter!!

You mexicans are reaching another level here on NSB!!!!

Comment

I'm sure that in Floyd's mind, a fight against Cotto- or anyone for that matter- is a no win situation for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Never said anything was a fact,but nice try.I suggest U reread that & get ur **** straight.What I said was Cotto has never been beaten by a defensive minded fighter.That's something that should be considered when breaking down that particular matchup.
                    What does it matter whether he gets beaten by a defensive fighter or not. What is your point in that?

You obviously don't understand the business of boxing, fans want exciting fights, you think Floyd vs Cotto is exciting? Cotto can't match Floyd's speed and Floyd would just sit back and counter him all night long, bust his face up and win a UD.

If this fight ever get's made, which I doubt, it will only come because it will be equivalent to Manny vs Mosley. Just using Cotto's name and fan base to make some money and nothing more.

The fight is POINTLESS........

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                      STFU Pocho, Cotto will be very competitive with all 3.

You criticise cotto for trying to fight this guys, but if he doesnt and fights Cintron or chavez youll quickly will call him a cherry picker and a protected fighter!!

You mexicans are reaching another level here on NSB!!!!
                      Don't confuse me with the other idiots on this website...

I never said anything about Cotto taking easy fights, he's a very good fighter and has a great resume.

How competitive? The way he was for 2 rounds with Pac and then got schooled and destroyed?

Come on man, the dumb act is getting real tired. Cotto has ZERO chance against Pac and Floyd and he better not even think about Martinez unless he wants to end his career with brain damage.

JCC, Angulo or Canelo are his fights, more entertaining, good money and something the fans want to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X