Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This time next year, Joe Calzaghe won't be in the discussion for GOAT of 168lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know what's going on in this thread but roy jones is the g.o.a.t.

Comment

This defeat could be a blessing in disguise for DeGale. Like has been said, his corner did him no favours whatsoever for that fight. He needs to get rid of Jim McDonnell straight away and kick on..

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
        the day prince naz met an actual boxer

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          This defeat could be a blessing in disguise for DeGale. Like has been said, his corner did him no favours whatsoever for that fight. He needs to get rid of Jim McDonnell straight away and kick on..
          No way. To talk all that trash and bet your own purse to your bitter rival and once again get beat and humbled by him that really is alot to swallow. That's no blessing man, belive me.

That will eat him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Wazaa you should know better than anyone that a loss doesnt end a career.

And Chunky didnt get KTFO by a ***** fighter. He lost a controversial decision. I hope he takes Amir's lead and gets a new trainer.

The beast will be awoken.
            He doesn't have it, Dirk. I favor him in beating Groves in a rematch (again). But he is not gonna reach that top level. Neither is Groves, btw.

I've always said that he didn't have the physical tools (Speed, power, reflexes) or the skill set to reach that level but after watching the Groves fight, I now also believe that he doesn't have the mentality that is needed to reach the top. I mean, why on Earth, wasn't DeGale pressing the action after it was clear cut that Groves wasn't gonna trade with him but stay on the backfoot? Groves was nicking the rounds away from him. I mean, Groves punches had little effect on Chunky but Chunky's punches had an impact on Groves.

Yes, you're right DeGale lost a controversial fight and didn't get KO'd by a **** fighter with power.

But what you fail to understand is that DeGale never should have lost to a green, less skilled fighter. Amir lost because of Prescott's power and Amir's punch resistance. DeGale had every, and I mean EVERY single advantage over Groves. Skills, reach, height but he still managed to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
              No way. To talk all that trash and bet your own purse to your bitter rival and once again get beat and humbled by him that really is alot to swallow. That's no blessing man, belive me.

That will eat him up.
              DeGale will eat Groves up if he dares to give him a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                the day prince naz met an actual boxer
                That's the first time I've seen that. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post

That will eat him up.
                  We will see. When Khan got destroyed by Prescott, many people said there was no way he could come back from it. He changed to the Wildcard gym and has not looked back since.

The same may happen to DeGale. He needs to get rid of McDonnell because he was partly to blame for DeGale not winning that fight more clearly (I had DeGale by a round).

He lost a fight he thought he won. I can't see it scaring him so bad that he can't come back from it. I actually think it will make him even more determined and more hungry to succeed. Time will tell..

Comment

Andre Ward and Carl froch both put Joe's "resume" to shame.
                    Fraud

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X