Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams-Nobuhiro Ishida To Happen at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start your career at 160, eventually sink to 147, go up and down, up and down... dude is a clown... He needs to pick a class and get good with it

Comment

LMAO @ The 1 pound difference catchweight. What the hell is that all about?

Comment

You kids needs to shut up about this catchweight crap

It happens many times a year and everytime a fight is announnced at a CW, you all cry like its the first time in history

Comment

I don't like this fight for 3 reasons. 1- I think Ishida could have capitalized on his win over Kirkland and got a bigger payday than this. If he loses it will be difficult to get anymore big fights. 2- PWill should have let Kirkland rematch Ishida and try to avenge his loss. 3- I don't like what it says about PWill's mental state (or his team's). We know there were plenty of offers for fights that are more competitive on paper than Ishida. If Williams or his team turned all those down for Ishida, who has to be a lesser payday, then I can only guess that they are not confident that he's put the loss to Martinez behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

It happens many times a year and everytime a fight is announnced at a CW, you all cry like its the first time in history
            Dude it's obvious it happens but, come on. 155 lbs? What's the point?

Comment

Honestly I really dont care about catchweights as long as its not for a title.

Comment

P-Will the new catch weight king!1

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Catchweight hating really started up again on forums when Pacquiao haters needed a way to **** on Pacquiao as he moved up in weight(as though Pac had invented catchweights.) As a result, now everytime another fighter does it they are retaliated against. Meanwhile, catchweights pre date all fighters currently receiving flack for it. Anyways, as per typical NSB. Back to b*tching about nothing.

Comment

wow..........catchweight king........paul williams..............LOL

Comment

155? I thought his promoters said he was going back to WelterWeight?
                      Even though Williaims is an exciting fighter to watch, he is one of the biggest frauds in boxing. Goosen tried to advertise him as the most dangerous man from WW to MW and the most avoided, but when it came time for him to face quality opponents he never stepped up to the plate or made money an issue.

While he was campaigning at 154 he could have fought Dzinzurik and taken his belt instead, and his 0. Could have fought Angulo, rematched Cintron and didn't. Joshua Clottey called him out for a fight and Goosen declined.

He could have waited out Pavlik, (the whole staff infection thing) but instead he was too proud, and on top of that demanded a 50% cut with Pavlik.

Heck he didn't even want to rematch Martinez and made him come in at a catchweight for that fight.

This guy is all hype, and the sad part is Goosen never hyped him up properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X