Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Tillis said Tyson punched like a girl and I beat him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if TIllis who fought both Shavers and Tyson, said Tyson hit harder, that would say a lot.

Of course, if true, TIllis fought Shavers 5 years after Ali did. Ali said Shavers was the heaviest hitter, and hit harder than Foreman. But maybe lost some steam by the later date--when he was 37?

Comment

Originally posted by physiker View Post
      Well if TIllis who fought both Shavers and Tyson, said Tyson hit harder, that would say a lot.

Of course, if true, TIllis fought Shavers 5 years after Ali did. Ali said Shavers was the heaviest hitter, and hit harder than Foreman. But maybe lost some steam by the later date--when he was 37?
      Tillis never said Tyson hit harder than Shavers.

Comment

Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
        Tillis never said Tyson hit harder than Shavers.
        So prinzeman was wrong or fibbing?

Comment

So prinzeman was wrong or fibbing?

Tillis said it directly after his fight with Tyson but he didnt mean it.

Comment

Tillis said it directly after his fight with Tyson but he didnt mean it.
            how do u know that?

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
              Tillis did give Tyson a very competitive fight.Tyson wasn't far away from winning a title,but he was still learning at that point.Tillis had the style and smarts to give Tyson problems.He still lost the fight fair and square,though.Four rounds at most,no more than that.

Tillis is actually on record as saying that Tyson hit harder than Shavers,so I'm not sure what's happened recently that prompted him to change his mind.Slightly delusional and perhaps a little a bitter,maybe.
              That's why I tend not to pay much attention to what fighters say about other fighters. There's too much emotion, self-aggrandizing and bad blood that goes into their words for me to take them at face value. Not to mention the fact that it's almost impossible for a fighter to tell who hit them harder than whom when the method of ascertaining that power (their brain) is being mashed to a pulp at the time.

For me, I think Tyson definitely punched harder than Shavers just by doing a side-by-side analysis of their stoppages. His power is a tad overrated, but to nowhere near the same degree as Shavers, whose entire reputation as the GOAT puncher rests almost entirely upon what other fighters have said about him (see my above paragraph on what I think of that).

Comment

how do u know that?

Because in every interview since the Tyson fight icluding his autobiography he has said Shavers punched the hardest . He said in a recent interview that Tyson punched like a girl compared to Shavers.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
                  I like the fact that he waited 20 years, just to make sure of his safety.
                  Wouldn't you?

Comment

Because in every interview since the Tyson fight icluding his autobiography he has said Shavers punched the hardest . He said in a recent interview that Tyson punched like a girl compared to Shavers.
                    Did Holmes say that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                      Did Holmes say that as well?
                      holmes said shavers punched much harder than tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X