No announcement yet.

Let Floyd be retired in peace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    In hindsight yes. Diego was considered as a beast but what has he done after that? I mean no disrespect to diego but he was as one-dimensional brawler as can be and is no where near the level of morales, barrera. I think Cotto is an overall better fighter than him aswell. He was good and exciting but not great.
    He was great,like Bowe his primes was short but he was badass in his prime.
    In my opinion neither of them have faced the comp in the ww division to call them all time at ww,most 80s top ww would spark both just being honest.imagine pac or may against Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      And your man ducked the 140 division completely there are flaws in both armors,i would love to see them fight but if not they are still in the top 5 of my generation.
      he ducked the 140 division to clean up the 147 division. He knocked out the guy who was considered the best at the 140 division at that time oh and there were nobody during that time so he moved back up and cleaned up the 147 division.

Comment

And your man ducked the 140 division completely there are flaws in both armors,i would love to see them fight but if not they are still in the top 5 of my generation.
        pacquiao has only 1 fight in that division and it was against Hatton who was unbeaten at 140 and certainly no slouch. Floyd should have fought Zoo even with different network. It did not stop Sweat Pea on fighting JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Homicide Hank. View Post
          Piss on that, he brought all this hate onto himself. He constantly talks **** about Pacquaio and how he would just walk through him, but then refuses to fight him and retires again. You can't be the best by just saying you are the best, you have got to prove it. I'm not surprised by this though, he retired in 08 when all these big threats were there and he had no way to avoid fighting them except retire, which he did.
          Oh come on at his age even in 08 most guys are past it,if you could juice 50 million for a fight you would,this is not the old days these guys fight for fortunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeraser View Post
            pacquiao has only 1 fight in that division and it was against Hatton who was unbeaten at 140 and certainly no slouch. Floyd should have fought Zoo even with different network. It did not stop Sweat Pea on fighting JCC.
            And floyd ruined him before.

Comment

What has he done that was so extraordinary? When you look at his resume for a guy with his talent is pretty weak. I mean yeah he has had a good career but again with his talent you're satisfied? He has a chance to fight his career defining fight with pac and look what he's doing. That won't and shouldn't sit well with any boxing fan. which I believe you are not.

He'll be remembered as a talented guy who ducked the best competition and history actually has proofs for it.
              Heh, you weren't around back then. So I'd expect a response like that from you. I'm guessing you didn't know back then Floyd was the Paul Williams of today. No one wanted to fight him. Guys like Diego Corrales and Genaro Hernandez at the time were on P4P lists and very respected in the sport, and Floyd destroyed them.

Where was Mosley back in 1999 when Floyd wanted to fight him IN HIS PRIME, as a LW? Floyd wanted to go up to LW and fight him. Where was he then?

See, you take a look at his resume and you listen to the ESPN reports etc. If you were not watching boxing at the time this guy was fighting you won't know how great he truly is. It's like Sugar Ray Robinson, you can watch as many tapes as you want on him, but if you weren't watching him back in his prime, you don't know how great he truly is.

Comment

he ducked the 140 division to clean up the 147 division. He knocked out the guy who was considered the best at the 140 division at that time oh and there were nobody during that time so he moved back up and cleaned up the 147 division.
                Look at the way they both beat the fighters they did,Pac shows more weakness he cannot fight a counter puncher effectively,May counter punches thats why i see him winning and in my mind would not diminish either one bit win or lose do people discredit robinson for losing to lamotta

Comment

He was great,like Bowe his primes was short but he was badass in his prime.
                  In my opinion neither of them have faced the comp in the ww division to call them all time at ww,most 80s top ww would spark both just being honest.imagine pac or may against Hearns.
                  I don't think Pacquiao and Floyd can get past Hearns jab. I found it cinematic how SRL with one eye found an extra gear to dig deep and came behind to Ko Hearns. Hearns actually outboxed SRL but when SRL made it a brawl, Hearns did not have the stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                    Heh, you weren't around back then. So I'd expect a response like that from you. I'm guessing you didn't know back then Floyd was the Paul Williams of today. No one wanted to fight him. Guys like Diego Corrales and Genaro Hernandez at the time were on P4P lists and very respected in the sport, and Floyd destroyed them.

Where was Mosley back in 1999 when Floyd wanted to fight him IN HIS PRIME, as a LW? Floyd wanted to go up to LW and fight him. Where was he then?

See, you take a look at his resume and you listen to the ESPN reports etc. If you were not watching boxing at the time this guy was fighting you won't know how great he truly is. It's like Sugar Ray Robinson, you can watch as many tapes as you want on him, but if you weren't watching him back in his prime, you don't know how great he truly is.
                    Great post.........

Comment

Originally posted by Xeraser View Post
                      I don't think Pacquiao and Floyd can get past Hearns jab. I found it cinematic how SRL with one eye found an extra gear to dig deep and came behind to Ko Hearns. Hearns actually outboxed SRL but when SRL made it a brawl, Hearns did not have the stamina.
                      Leonard must be laughing he would wreck both no fantasy about it,he beat a man better then Pacquiao called Roberto Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X