Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets face it, Manny's power is the only thing that could stop a wide Mayweather UD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the old shot shane that fought pac last night is the same old shot shane that fought mayweather. If that old shot shane was able to land some good punches on mayweather then I thin pac should have decent chance of giving mayweather a run for his money. I really don't see a wide UD.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Game- View Post
      All this "he throws punches in bunches", "he punches from all angles" nonsense goes out the window once he he faces a fighter that is willing to use the whole ring......

Yes he dropped Shane, but why did he not floor Shane in any of the other rounds...........from a pure boxing standpoint, Floyd does EVERYTHING better than Shane.....better ring IQ, better defense, countering, better jab....so if Manny was struggling to land his offense much throughout the fight, Floyd would have a field day with him....

Its funny watching Pac stans resorting to saying "Floyd was hurt, while Manny hurt SHane, so he was better".......each event lasted about two minutes in each fight....outside those incidents, Floyd was much more in control of the fight than Manny......

Be honest with yourself....Pacs only chance is to hit Floyd with a vicious shot in the early rounds........
      Once wifebeater gets a taste of pac's power, he will run, just like mosley.

Comment

Manny has 4-5 rounds to beat Floyd. Once his handspeed, his footspeed, the distance and the SP stance are downloaded by Floyd he gets beat on for the rest of the bout. WIDE UD.

Comment

Originally posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
          Ur neglecting the fact that Floyd has much better hand speed and foot speed than Shane. Also Sugar Man has never fought off his backfoot or going backwards before and that was causing Pac to miss alot. Floyd is an expert at this and is an accomplished counter puncher. Floyd's jab is also really good, while Shane has always widely been cosidered to have one of the worse jabs in boxing. The casual fan will still favor Pac in a fight with Floyd, but thats a good thing as it will allow those of us who follow boxing a bit closer to win a decent amount of cash on that fight. Hope it happens, now more than ever
          Will just have to wait how Floyd can handle someone with better speed than Mosley and doesn't tire out in the later rounds. Yes, Floyd has great skills but we just have to WHEN OR IF the fight is made.

Comment

Yeah well the reverse of that argument is that the threat of manny's power, even after round 3 pitched a shut out and whilst I don't believe for a second that manny beats floyd in a one sided fashion, the threat of that power makes fighters fight differently, if you think that floyd will go into that ring and not be more cautious and gun shy then normal you guys are living in a dream world. Fighters are in general not as comfortable fighting a southpaw, every time I have seen floyd fight a southpaw he has been hit cleanly more than normal and stunned.

What Shane did last night was just one half of the equation, nullifying manny's offensive game the second part is much more difficult, which is the challenge for floyd. He is certainly capable but I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on last night. Floyd will still find it very difficult to nullify manny's work rate if you consider floyd doesn't carry knockout power, and like you have mentioned pac is also capable of turning the fight on it's head at any time with one punch, I believe if manny starts quick and floyd takes a few rounds to get going like the Judah fight manny he has a great chance

Comment

i agree 100 wit ya

Comment

i think it will be an even fight.

Yall keep forgetting that team pac didnt know what team mosley was gonna do so they had mutiple game plans.

floyd is gonna hit and run and if he gets in trouble he might try to come forward and fight like he did against mosley(but i dont think so cuz Pac will have a field day w/ him.)
                so roach will prepare pac accordingly

im interested to see if floyd can take pacs power/speed especially cuz pac is southpaw
                Last edited by SOY-COMO-SOY; 05-08-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Yeah well the reverse of that argument is that the threat of manny's power, even after round 3 pitched a shut out and whilst I don't believe for a second that manny beats floyd in a one sided fashion, the threat of that power makes fighters fight differently, if you think that floyd will go into that ring and not be more cautious and gun shy then normal you guys are living in a dream world. Fighters are in general not as comfortable fighting a southpaw, every time I have seen floyd fight a southpaw he has been hit cleanly more than normal and stunned.

What Shane did last night was just one half of the equation, nullifying manny's offensive game the second part is much more difficult, which is the challenge for floyd. He is certainly capable but I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on last night. Floyd will still find it very difficult to nullify manny's work rate if you consider floyd doesn't carry knockout power, and like you have mentioned pac is also capable of turning the fight on it's head at any time with one punch, I believe if manny starts quick and floyd takes a few rounds to get going like the Judah fight manny he has a great chance
                  Yes Pac's power makes cowards out of normally valiant fighters. The difference however is that Floyd is pretty much always a coward. Which means he will always fight a defense-first style. Not to mention Floyd could make this really easy on himself and just pot shot his way to a decision. The title of this thread is that Manny's only chance is his power. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Manny has 4-5 rounds to beat Floyd. Once his handspeed, his footspeed, the distance and the SP stance are downloaded by Floyd he gets beat on for the rest of the bout. WIDE UD.
                    wifebeater will go into a defensive shell once he gets hit.

Comment

Mosley stood in front of Floyd because he can take his punches. With Pac, as soon as Mosley tasted Pacs power, he backpedaled from then on.

I can see the same happening with Floyd except Floyd runs faster.

Floyd knows he cannot throw that signature right or use pull counter because of the great distance he has to extend it against a southpaw stance.

Comment

Working...
                      X