No announcement yet.

Manny & Arum are boxing's CANCER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chillifists View Post
    Nicely put!! Although I don't think it's just top rank! It's a lot of the fights that involve the top boxers of the world! Everytime there is a big fight to a big audience it's a stinker or a suspect fight.

Fights like DLH-Mayweather, Mayweather-Marquez, Pac-Clottey, Hopkins-Jones II or Pac-Mosley just do not do the sport any favours!

Would be nice if they put the same effort and money towards promoting fights that involve hungry fighters & not mismatches.
    Amen,I agree with this.Golden boy are a little less bad than Top Skank,as they are willing to throw their fighters into risks,giving fans a better or more competitive fight....though like Top Rank,they find vacant title shots to those not deserving or ready to be champs(Jacobs,Canelo,etc).

Belts these days are nothing but a false milestone anyways.I can't remember the last time I placed importance on a fighter winning one-especially at the elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
      Sure, he's just created more interest in the sport than anyone since de la hoya and tyson. mosley was a **** fight, but i know for sure de la hoya and tyson had fights which left people wondering why they wasted their money on their PPV, i was burnt a few times. i know mayweather stunk out not only the joint but the sport against baldomir and de la hoya. he survived, the sport survived to get even bigger. i didn't buy this pac ppv btw, not that stupid. fighters are entitled to a bad fight, especially manny who's entertained fans better than anyone recently. he'll fight marquez next and that will be a compelling fight

Of course he can entertain if he continues to fight guys who are washed up he took it to an all time low with this fight though. Entertain against a guy with a belt a guy who has a winning streak that creates real interest. Why is it a prerequisite that to fight Manny you have to lose to someone else first?

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        Amen,I agree with this.Golden boy are a little less bad than Top Skank,as they are willing to throw their fighters into risks,giving fans a better or more competitive fight....though like Top Rank,they find vacant title shots to those not deserving or ready to be champs(Jacobs,Canelo,etc).

Belts these days are nothing but a false milestone anyways.I can't remember the last time I placed importance on a fighter winning one-especially at the elite level.
        Those guys are prospects that is what you're supposed to do for prospects get them a title and then begin to raise the competition level as your name gets bigger and you start getting more attention

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
          arum is the problem not pac imo. he is just way too greedy and is not easily convinced to co-promote. this is just getting out of hand slowly but surely. i mean if anyone wants to fight pac they have to quit their promoter and agree to inferior contract terms. so what else is next?!
          pac is equally the prob. arum works for pac, not the other way around. instead of telling arium to make whatever fight or he wont fight, he hides behind arum.

they dont want it with floyd, plain and simple.

Comment

bump . .

Comment

Working...
            X