No announcement yet.

Ortiz stands better chance against Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Explain me something: how does a younger, bigger and stronger guy get eaten alive by a smaller, older, natural fw/sfw?! Ortiz isn't slow, he's a natural ww and as I said already, he has power and his hands are fast too. If he lands enuff punches on Pacneedle, thats it. Nowhere to go. Steroids or not, he's still just human.
    I don't know if he'd beat Manny, but the 161 lb Victor is a pretty tough customer for any current WW. I agree with you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      Has Manny ever even fought a southpaw???? he probably would freak out if he werent in with an orthodox mummy! He'd probably put in a stipulation that Ortiz has to fight right handed.
      Pacquiao fought DOZEN southpaws > Ortiz fought ONE southpaw

Comment

Fair statement. However, both can and will beat Ortiz, if and when they meet. I do see FMJ schooling Ortiz more than Pac.

Funny you mentioned Marg, Cotto and Clottey. I think all three beats Ortiz @147

Comment

Has Manny ever even fought a southpaw???? he probably would freak out if he werent in with an orthodox mummy! He'd probably put in a stipulation that Ortiz has to fight right handed.

Do you really watch/follow boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by pgolf View Post
            Fair statement. However, both can and will beat Ortiz, if and when they meet. I do see FMJ schooling Ortiz more than Pac.

Funny you mentioned Marg, Cotto and Clottey. I think all three beats Ortiz @147
            I'm not convinced. I think it may just be a fight any can win. Victor always looked massive to me at JWW, he may have been draining too much. But I'm no expert...

Comment

feb 2011..is that the month you started watching boxing??

Comment

mannys to quick and to smart for ortiz..ortiz just bulled his way in on berto and broke his will..dat aint gone happen with manny

Comment

Pacquiao would destroy him. I'd give him a better chance with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                    mannys to quick and to smart for ortiz..ortiz just bulled his way in on berto and broke his will..dat aint gone happen with manny
                    Too SMART?!?Lol! Manny has never been too smart for a top US fighter.

Comment

I agree he has an easier time hitting Manny and counting Ortiz power that is a big part of his game but he has a less painful night fighting Mayweather and probably more of a learning exp. Either guy I believe has a hard night, Ortiz if a big guy and quicker than most of the fighters either has been fighting... not to mention his power and technique. Tough night for any WW

Comment

Working...
                      X