No announcement yet.

George Foreman acting crazy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRISH LULLABY View Post
    Yes indeed. Very few fighters, if any, would have the galls to even think about pulling off such a risky stunt.

Foreman definitely believed he should have received a rematch against Ali, but fighting five sub-par fighters in an obvious circus doesn't really translate well into a substantive claim at warranting a rematch. Some say Foreman should have received a rematch after he defeated Lyle & Frazier, but Ali was nearing the end of his career and wasn't exactly running away from challenges himself, he fought Young, who eventually went on to defeat Big George, he also fought Norton & Frazier for the 3rd time and the heavy hitter Shavers. Foreman had become out of contention at that point.

The entire exhibition can be found on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDtKrgtvHGo
    Probably in his younger days, Ali would have given Foreman the rematch. Interesting that both Ali and Foreman didn't do well against Young. Ali squeeked by Shavers who he said hit harder than Foreman. But maybe by then Ali wasn't able to roll with some coming at him. Ali's decline was rapid after Frazier III. That should have been the last for him.

Who would have thought that Ali would beat Foreman and with hardly a mark, except for George thumbing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
      Vitali Klitschko during a kickboxing tournament once knocked out 7 fighters in one day. Vitali Klitschko would have beat all 5 of those bums and George Foreman, then beat up half the Kiev city council, read a book, play some chess, spar with Wlad, and then eat lunch.
      this has nothing to do with Vitali K., so stop with your fantasies

geez these Klitnuthuggers are something....

Comment

Wow, that was bizarre...
        Green K for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
          Vitali Klitschko during a kickboxing tournament once knocked out 7 fighters in one day. Vitali Klitschko would have beat all 5 of those bums and George Foreman, then beat up half the Kiev city council, read a book, play some chess, spar with Wlad, and then eat lunch.
          Interesting I heard Floyd mayweather once did a ten way all guy gang bang.

Comment

haha thanks for this dude never seen that footage before

Comment

haters and nuthuggers, keep away from this thread please

Comment

They made a movie about this:

Gabriel Caine has just been released from prison when he sets up a bet with a business man. The business man owns most of a boxing-mad town called Diggstown. The bet is that Gabe can find a boxer that will knock out 10 Diggstown men, in a boxing ring, within 24 hours. "Honey" Roy Palmer is that man - although at 48, many say he is too old. A sub plot is thrown in about Charles Macum Diggs - the heavyweight champion that gave the town its name - and who is now confined to a wheel-chair. Written by Colin Tinto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  They made a movie about this:

Gabriel Caine has just been released from prison when he sets up a bet with a business man. The business man owns most of a boxing-mad town called Diggstown. The bet is that Gabe can find a boxer that will knock out 10 Diggstown men, in a boxing ring, within 24 hours. "Honey" Roy Palmer is that man - although at 48, many say he is too old. A sub plot is thrown in about Charles Macum Diggs - the heavyweight champion that gave the town its name - and who is now confined to a wheel-chair. Written by Colin Tinto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  would it kill me to respond to your post ? that's a funny message to leave on my board

to answer, nope, but I don't see why I should have responded

you contributed to the thread with this very interesting piece, I haven't seen this movie, what do you want me to answer ?

that was kinda awkward

Comment

Working...
                  X