No announcement yet.

Dela Hoya admitted in taking steroids - MS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    LOL @ people not knowing who Mike Silver is. He's well known boxing historian. However, IMO he falls in with the likes of Bert Sugar who just say some outlandish crap. Like Floyd nor Pac are top 100 ATG's.

Thomas Hausser,is a great journalist. I don't think is baseless accusations at all. I think he did his research and knows what he's talking about. There is a reason why Oscar never denied about the waiver that is supposedly out there. Hausser mentions if Oscar signs some kind of a waiver the truth will come out.

And, LOL @ Pac being on steroids is more likely than Oscar is...GTFOH.
    hauser may be a great journalist but i have no doubt that he is on top rank's payroll. his articles are all posted in toprank.com website, talk about conflict of interest. and if you notice the trend, hauser has been attacking GBP and HBO consistently in his writings.

if it's true that dela hoya failed a post-fight drug test and refused to have it made public (as hauser speculated), i believe it is bob arum who revealed this to hauser.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
      That's also my question.

but

do you guys remember Thomars Hausers article chalenging Oscar to give some authority to reveal some of his test results?

lets just state all the facts.

1. Oscar did not address the article and kept quiet
      2. Keiser in an interview said all Oscar's test in nevada are negatives ( Hauser did not ask him, how about the tests in others states????? )

3. Hau$er did not have a follow up article.

can you guys analyze????
      I think it was obvious that DLH was on the juice following Mosley's proven BALCO connection. Hauser's article nailed it by giving Oscar those questions he to my knowledge never answered.

I wrote this some time ago:

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Yeah.

After Mosley was proven a roider in the BALCO scandal it was evident that he juiced for the DLH fight. A fight Mosley won by coming on strong in the championship rounds courtesy of the EPO he had taken.

When this became public knowledge surely DLH went out and said that his loss was tainted and he wanted the fight declared a no-contest right? No. DLH did zip. That is odd.

Furthermore the great Thomas Hauser writes in an excellent piece on PED's and boxing:

Oscar De La Hoya can show the world how a righteous PED-free fighter acts. In order to fully inform the public on the issues involved (and remove any hint of suspicion that he himself might not have clean hands) Oscar should waive his right to confidentiality and authorize the Nevada State Athletic Commission to release the results of any tests for performance enhancing drugs that he has taken in the past. The same waiver should authorize all present and past NSAC personnel and any other person with knowledge of the situation to discuss the test results with any media representative who inquires about them.

I’m not talking about Lidocaine (which Oscar acknowledges having taken when he suffered a cut prior to his 2004 fight against Bernard Hopkins). Nor am I talking about creatine (which Lem Satterfield, then of the Baltimore Sun, authoritatively reported that Oscar incorporated into his training regimen in 1999 when he was preparing to fight Felix Trinidad).

I’m talking about the possibility of something more.

Let me even suggest wording for the waiver that Oscar can make public and send to the Nevada State Athletic Commission:

“I, Oscar De La Hoya, hereby waive all right of confidentiality with regard to the past testing of my blood and urine for steroids and other performance enhancing drugs conducted by or on behalf of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. In that regard, I also authorize all present and past Nevada State Athletic Commission personnel and any other person with knowledge of the situation to speak openly with the media about such testing.”

To paraphrase: “C’mon, Oscar. If you have nothing to hide, then do it. It’s only a piece a paper. Just sign the waiver.”

As I recall Hauser (or somebody else) followed up on this, but De La Hoya ignored it despite this great opportunity to tell the world that he was clean in a world of roiders.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
        Shane never failed or covered a test either...*******.

We're talking about Oscar here dum-dum. Get to speed and step your game up son before you spew your nonsense here...

Comment

Anybody know what year they banned and/or started testing for steroids?

Comment

WOW...when dudes was bashing Shane for using in the rematch with Hoya...and I calmly posted that Hoya was using for THAT fight as well....I guess that got overlooked or laughed at...anyway, now yall know why Hoya NEVER b!tched about Shane's slip up because he himself slipped up

Comment

I unlike most here don't jump to conclusions from a second, third or 100th source.

Silver said this not DLH, thread title is very misleading. I have no reason to believe Pac or DLH have done steroids. Until a positive test or confession come, I don't just assume anything.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised. As for the cover up, De La Hoya has got away with much worse. Various rape accusations come to mind, particularly one by a 15 year old Mexican school girl. Hardly anyone knows about that

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                  Wouldn't be surprised. As for the cover up, De La Hoya has got away with much worse. Various rape accusations come to mind, particularly one by a 15 year old Mexican school girl. Hardly anyone knows about that
                  Yup, good looking, rich DLH needs to rape a 15 yr old school girl...

Good God.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

Good God.
                    You'd think he also wouldn't need to agree to photos dressed up like a tranvestite prostitute to get an ugly russian stripper into bed

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

Good God.
                      Hey, you never know... R-Kelly has a fetish while he can get any woman he wants.

Comment

Working...
                      X