Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the Last 5 Years, Who's Fought the "Best" Shane Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    Is this REALLY about who fought the best Mosley?

Or about who Mosley looked best against? It's hard to say.

1. Vargas fought Mosley when Mosley was building a comfort streak after the tough Wright losses
    2. Cotto fought Mosley when Mosley was on an even better streak after the Vargas and Collazo wins.
    3. Margarito fought Mosley after a rough loss to Cotto and rought fight with Mayorga
    4. Mayweather fought a confident and well rested Mosley after drubbing Margarito for the top Welterweight crown
    5. Pacquaio is fighting Mosley after a virtual shutout vs Mayweather and disappointment vs Mora.

I'd go with Cotto if I had to choose.
    this all the way except number 4.

He fought a rusty inactive Mosley. Not as sharp and was already training for Berto months before. He was in shape, but you could agrue with his later age, the inactivity hurt him more than hurt, Well rested? maybe not imo.

Comment

Fernando Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        Is this REALLY about who fought the best Mosley?

Or about who Mosley looked best against? It's hard to say.

1. Vargas fought Mosley when Mosley was building a comfort streak after the tough Wright losses
        2. Cotto fought Mosley when Mosley was on an even better streak after the Vargas and Collazo wins.
        3. Margarito fought Mosley after a rough loss to Cotto and rought fight with Mayorga
        4. Mayweather fought a confident and well rested Mosley after drubbing Margarito for the top Welterweight crown
        5. Pacquaio is fighting Mosley after a virtual shutout vs Mayweather and disappointment vs Mora.

I'd go with Cotto if I had to choose.
        Cotto on this one for me.

It's funny that you described Mosley's time in between fights as 'well rested'.

Some can also say he overtrained. Or that it was disadvantageous for him to be going against Mayweather's style after such a long layoff from the ring.

Comment

Working...
        X