No announcement yet.

Did prime mike tyson have the feet to be fleetfooted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finesse
    Yo catskills, I have a confession to make. These past few months, I haven't been very honest with you. While I do think that Tyson in his prime definately could dance on his toes like Larry Holmes or maybe even Ali, because let's face it - Tyson was the ****. But as I was saying, when you asked me what evidence I have of this I told you I had some amateur footage of him, well, buddy....that was a lie. I never seen a Tyson amateur fight where he was dancing on his toes. I lied to you catskills. No, not because I'm some evil son of a *****, it was because I was getting annoyed by you keep asking the question.

As for the other things I told you, those were true.
    I did meet Tyson before and he did tell me he could dance sort like Larry Holmes in the ring, but he fought effectively when he used the peek-a-boo style.

So that's the truth, man.
    You can take Tyson's word for it...but there ain't no footage.
    That so called footage I emailed you was a clip from Floyd Mayweather vs. Demarcus Corley and the other one was Tyson vs. Williams Round I.

I apologize, catskills.

But like I told you, Tyson definately had the foot arches and quickness to dance on his toes like Larry Holmes and maybe even Ali.

That's all.
    Bye now.
    THATS THE TRUTH...

Comment

• What did tyson mean when he said he could dance sort of like larry holmes , dose mean he could dance better or nearly as good as larry holmes ? .

Comment

• Like I told you many pages back. I asked him could he fight on his toes and move around the ring quickly, he said yeah, and I asked him were you like Ali doing it, and he sort of said, "Hmm...more like Holmes."

Comment

• this ****in thread wont die!!!!!

Comment

• Mike Tyson could have danced like Ali. It would have worked as long as he was fighting in the heavy weight dwarf division. All fighters would have to be 5'8" and shorter.

Mike didn't have the stamina to dance for too long. He's just too stubby.

Heavily muscled fighters like Tyson generally don't have the athletic grace of slimmer fighters like Ali. Not to say Mike wasn't athletic, but he it's kind of like comparing a sprinter to a 400 m runner. They aren't the same type of cat.

Anyway, Mike Tyson is washed up, and has been for about 15 years now, but the guy is smart to stay in the limelite for so long.

I guess we'll see him whipping it out with Jenna Jamison.

Comment

• Originally posted by tntkid
              This is the greatest thread in BoxingScene history.
              I never saw your response in terms of fleet footedness kthanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• I saw a picture of Tyson's bare foot and I saw one of Sugar Ray Leonard and I examined the arches on those pictures very, very carefully and I noticed that Tyson's arch is slightly more well developed than prime Sugar Ray...that right there led me to the conclusion that Tyson did indeed have the physical neccessities to dance on his toes very, very quickly, maybe even Ali-like.

Comment

• Originally posted by catskills23
                  Why do you doubt that tyson could get up on his toes and dance around the ring like ali, tyrell biggs and larry holmes could do it why not tyson ?

Um, I don't know what fights you've seen, but prime Tyson DID fight off his toes like Ali, BUT, he came forward instead of going backwards or circling like ali did. Tyson bounced on his toes till he was in position, set his feet, took the guy out

Comment

• The sight of the mighty Mike Tyson dancing like Ali would have been a riot to me.

Comment

• tyson hands were faster
                      then ali

Comment

Working...
                      X