Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Prime Winky Wright @ 154 and 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    That jab would be in Martinez's grill with no issues. I dont think this site realizes how good Prime Winky was.

His jab was the best, he had great foot movement, had fast hands, threw combos, good body puncher, great defense.

He wouldve throughly owned Martinez.
    hell yea, there's a reason why floyd and oscar avoided him like he had the herp

Comment

Toss up fight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
        Wright was young and green, just as Martinez was when he fought Margarito.
        The bigger difference is that he didn't fight in the turtle shell defence. If you seen the fight he wasn't that green, he just got better, winky did a lot of good things in that fight.

both margarito and martinez were green or not as good in there fight

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          hell yea, there's a reason why floyd and oscar avoided him like he had the herp
          delahoya didn't fight him cause he lost to mosley was on roids and people felt delalhoya won the second fight, had he beat mosley, winky would be next

winky dodged margarito, bet he hates himself for that one, but that was when margarito was good

Comment

bose thats bs dont talk about what you dont know. winky never ducked margarito suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
              The bigger difference is that he didn't fight in the turtle shell defence. If you seen the fight he wasn't that green, he just got better, winky did a lot of good things in that fight.

both margarito and martinez were green or not as good in there fight
              Margarito was already in his prime 2000 Martinez wasn't

Comment

someone mentioned taylor v. winky, i forgot about that fight...

Comment

Wright... Too strong, too skilled and technically superior; I see him earning a comfortable UD at both weights. And to the Martinez fans who picked him by KO: GO **** YOURSELVES.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    I got Prime Winky, btw..
                    martinez outworks winky

Comment

i'm thinking winky wins a competitive decision and maybe gets robbed with a draw or L

in the perfect world wright wins on the cards

maravilla seems a bit better at 160/ to have matured slightly at this point in his career as a boxer and puncher

so i'd say at MW it would be most competative.

winky has a skillset and experience unlike anybody maravilla has ever been in the ring with, and he was never stopped

julio cesar vasquez had him dead to rights and he lived to see the final bell
                      Last edited by New England; 04-28-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X