No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Discusses Pacquiao vs Marquez Trilogy Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post

But wasnt JMM a blown up lightweight when he fought Mayweather @142lbs?
    then i guess its better for manny not to fight marquez right???

marquez can come in at any weight he wants...147 is the limit....he can come in at 142 if he wants to...there is no minimum...only the maximum...

Comment

Originally posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post
      Manny loves fighting these senior citizens
      funny floyd fought them too not long ago...i guess the both like it old...

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
        I personally don't think "draining" Manny down to even 142 would hurt him. In fact, he'd probably eat normally. But the catchweight would be good assurance for Marquez not to overbulk himself and worry about Manny packing some serious muscle at 145+. You never know, Manny might come into the weigh in seriously ripped at 147.
        then these b1itchis would call manny the catchweight king again...lol...honestly bro..im not into catchweights...if JMM cant fight at 147..its better for manny to fight ortiz....then unify 2 belts..

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          Not only is the Pacquiao-Mosley fight fixed (not for the 10-1 underdog for some odd reason), but as soon as Top Rank made the offer to Marquez, the master counter puncher who has Pac's number, whom Manny was ducking all these years, suddenly became a washed up, slow, plodding, come forward brawler coming off a loss.

It's funny how these things work, but the wheel in the sky keeps turning. Gotta go along for the ride
          lol.......^^^^^^hahahahahaha....amen brother!! amen!!!

Comment

being an advocate for Manny fighting Marquez at 147lbs 2 years after Mayweather made him look like a sparring partner
            pac fought marquez in his own weight class a year or two before mayweather did..whats ur point??

Comment

so what you are saying is that its OK for Manny to fight JMM when JMM will weigh 147lbs but its not ok for Mayweather to fight him when he weighs 142lbs?

u see the difference here my slow brother is that pac already fought JMM twice at his own weight class!! JMM is demanding a third fight, but pac is already at welterweight right?????
              would it be fair if pac agreed to come down to 135 again for a fight against marquez for pacs welterweight belt?? JMM doesnt have the luxury of choice here...pac will give him a payday...unless u wanna see a weight drained pac.....again the limit is 147...marquez's fighting weight is about 142-144...he can fight comfortably at welter because there is no minimum..only maximum....

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
                Its only a few lbs! pacq has never made the limit. He didnt even make the limit for ww in his jmw bout. so how is a few lbs going to hurt pacq?
                how did a few LBS hurt cotto?? lol at the irony here...

Comment

We really want Floyd Mayweather Jr, i'll take any tests.

*Signs to fight a 2 fight deal one month prior to his next fight*

But we're really trying to get a fight with Floyd though, he doesn't want to fight.

*Signs to fight a rematch with the winner of Margarito-Cotto II during his training camp for the first Marquez fight*

*sigh*

Comment

I read a great article about Manny today and from now on I'm gonna try to refrain from having dumb ass debates with silly ass fly-by-night *******s. They make you not like the dude all together when as a boxing fan I appreciate the excitement he brings to boxing. Manny is by no means an all time great but a very exciting fighter. Unfortunately there's not enough greatness fighting today to make him that and he won't dare to be great cause wins over Bradley @ 140, Marquez @ 142, Ortiz @ 147, Martinez @ 154, and a superfight with PBF would make him the best of this time but as we can see that's not gonna happen. Intead we get big named fighter on the downslope coming off huge losses one after the other. 7 in a row. That aint greatness!!!!
                    Last edited by Sugar Q; 04-26-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                      I read a great article about Manny today and from now on I'm gonna try to refrain from having dumb ass debates with silly ass fly-by-night *******s. They make you not like the dude all together when as a boxing fan I appreciate the excitement he brings to boxing. Manny is by no means an all time great but a very exciting fighter. Unfortunately there's not enough greatness fighting today to make him that and he won't dare to be great cause wins over Bradley @ 140, Marquez @ 142, Ortiz @ 147, Martinez @ 154, and a superfight with PBF would make him the best of this time but as we can see that's not gonna happen. Intead we get big named fighter on the downslope coming off huge losses one after the other. 7 in a row. That aint greatness!!!!

pac/bradley will happen if timmah beats khan, but it'll be at 147 lbs. timmeh wants to unify 140 lbs first.

pac/jmm is in negotiations.

pac/ortiz will never happen because of GBP/TR feud

martinez/pac will never happen because s-mart can't make 150 lbs

pac/wifebeater will never happen because wifebeater is shook

you can't blame pac for the politricks of the sport.

Also, pac's resume at WW is better than wifebeater's resume. I dunno how wifebeater is great and pac isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X