Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when Ortiz vs Pacquiao was the fight to see at 140.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ Diaz was the fight that should happen instead of Hatton in 140 lbs. Hatton was a beast, undefeated, lineal in 140 lbs. If Pac fought Diaz Pac would have been in the same level as JMM right now. instead he fought Hatton and his stocks rised up. Diaz was a hyper job Hatton wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURE QUEEN View Post
      I am not really sure how it was the fight to see at 140 before the Maidana fight happened?? Who exactly had Ortiz beat at the time..

Wouldn't mind seeing it at 147 though.. Pacquiao will wreck him though he is even better vs Southpaws.
      It was the combination of Victor's style (go watch him pre-Maidana and the way he steam-rolled opponents) and the fact that no one thought Manny was just gonna settle at JWW, and not go back to WW.

Comment

BTW why is everyone bringing up Diaz? My thread is about Victor Ortiz vs Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Yeah,I remember those times too.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            Yeah I remember that...Diaz called him out after a fight when he was still undefeated and said for him to stop fighting over the hill mexicans and fight a young one in his prime...guess Pac hasn't changed one bit....and *******s didn't watch boxing before Dec 6, 2008 so its no use bro...
            I don't understand your arguement, Barrera and Morales I think were only 29 yrs old then when they fought Manny, and one of those over the hill fighters (Marquez) put him on his ass and TKO'd him, so what's the problem of Manny fighting this three HOF's mexicans??!!! Nothing!!! Maybe Manny just wanted to fight better quality fighters first, and this tremendously helped him in improving his fighting style even faster...

Comment

Originally posted by ALG United View Post
              I don't understand your arguement, Barrera and Morales I think were only 29 yrs old then when they fought Manny, and one of those over the hill fighters (Marquez) put him on his ass and TKO'd him, so what's the problem of Manny fighting this three HOF's mexicans??!!! Nothing!!! Maybe Manny just wanted to fight better quality fighters first, and this tremendously helped him in improving his fighting style even faster...
              People tend to make ridiculous comments like that, disregarding fact and logic.

I bet he wasn't saying that prior to the Cotto, DLH, and Hatton fight.

Comment

+ 1 with Pacquiao vs Juan Diaz

Comment

But back to the topic at hand.

I hope Ortiz picks up a quick win over the summer and faces Manny in November.

I can't believe how much bigger Ortiz may be if the fought.

Victor Ortiz
                  Height-5'9"
                  Ring Weight-160-164 (once he settles into WW)
                  Reach-70"

Manny Pacquiao
                  Height-5'6 1/2"
                  Ring Weight-147-148
                  Reach-67"

However unlike Margarito, Ortiz will have speed, power and boxing ability. I still think Manny beats him, but it will be interesting to see, especially since Ortiz has youth on his size.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    There was one point in time where Pacquiao vs Diaz was the fight to be made.

Where it would have been fireworks. You probably would have known this if you were watching boxing before Dec 6, 2008.
                    Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Again if you were watching boxing before Dec 6, 2008 there is no way you would call Diaz a hype job.

LOL @ late 2007/early 2008 Hatton being the best fight for Pac. Especially over Juan Diaz.

Starting from March 19, 2005 (vs Morales) up to March 15, 2008 (vs Marquez) Pac was fighting in Super Featherweight while at this time Juan Diaz, was already a lightweight since July 27, 2001. By the time Pac moved up for the first time to fight David Diaz at Lightweight in June 28, 2008, Juan Diaz already lost to Nate Campbell 3 months and 10 days ago in March 8, 2008. Pac would became a laughing stock if he fought Juan Diaz just after his lost instead of David Diaz, right? The fact that Juan Diaz just lost and just barely won by SD his next fight against Katsidis in Sept 6, 2008. You can't deny the fact, Pac vs Oscar at 147 in Dec 6, 2008 >>>> Pac vs J. Diaz at 135 in terms of money and legacy when I myself and most of the others didn't give Pac any chance of beating Oscar at 147 with just one fight at lightweight to boot. After the Oscar fight, J. Diaz next fight in February 28, 2009 he lose to Marquez. By saying "there was one point in time (you mean between (June 28, 2008 - Dec 6, 2008?) where Pacquiao vs J. Diaz was the fight to be made." Is laughable at his best.

About the post you LOL @ "early 2008 Hatton being the best fight for Pac. Especially over Juan Diaz." It's absolutely correct. You think it's a good idea to fight J. Diaz after he lose to Marquez at 135 instead of Hatton at 140? The first time Juan Diaz fought an elite fighter he lose and his next 5 fights he also lost those 3. He won against Paul Malignaggi but lose in the rematch and lose again to Marquez. So it's just right to call someone was a hype job if can't compete at the highest level when he stepped up and fall apart, right?
                    Last edited by straightleft; 04-24-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I'm really not understanding WTF you're talking?

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                      Starting from March 19, 2005 (vs Morales) up to March 15, 2008 (vs Marquez) Pac was fighting in Super Featherweight while at this time Juan Diaz, was already a lightweight since July 27, 2001.
                      What is your point? Just what you trying to say without writing an essay.

By the time Pac moved up for the first time to fight David Diaz at Lightweight in June 28, 2008, Juan Diaz already lost to Nate Campbell 3 months and 10 days ago in March 8, 2008. Pac would became a laughing stock if he fought Juan Diaz just after his lost instead of David Diaz, right?
                      Well obviously that wasn't the one point in time right?

The fact that Juan Diaz just already lost just barely won his next fight against Katsidis in Sept 6, 2008. You can't deny the fact, Pac vs Oscar at 147 in Dec 6, 2008 >>>> Pac vs J. Diaz at 135 in terms of money and legacy when I myself and most of the others didn't give Pac any chance of beating Oscar at 147 with just one fight at lightweight to boot.
                      Who's saying otherwise? That wasn't what ModernTalking was talking about. Again obviously this wasn't the one point in time right? Are you an F'ing idiot? do you not understand?

After the Oscar fight, J. Diaz next fight in February 28, 2009 he lose to Marquez. By saying "there was one point in time (you mean between (June 28, 2008 - Dec 6, 2008?) where Pacquiao vs J. Diaz was the fight to be made." Is laughable at his best.
                      Who said this? There was a one point in time. Where if you said a super featherweight Pac was challenging lightweight Diaz. People would have been very happy with that news. Diaz was not over hyped like some idiots claim. There once was one point in time that he was a damn good fighter.

Obviously what you're stating with this selective time period is not the point in time you're talking about.

And, I don't think Me or ModernTalking said that Pac-Diaz was the fight to be made. He said it was a fight that he would had love to see. Some idiot said that Diaz was over-hyped. Which is a ridiculous statement and is why I answered that at one point in time that would of been a hell of a match up.

You're acting like ModernTalking or me is saying that Pac ducked/avoided Juan Diaz. Which we're not. We're not saying and we don't even believe that. I can't even believe I'm putting myself in the same sentence with ModernTalking because you have female tendencies and suck so much of Pac's dick that you get your panties in a bunch when another fighter gets named with Pac.

smh

About the post you LOL @ "early 2008 Hatton being the best fight for Pac. Especially over Juan Diaz." It's absolutely correct.
                      LOL @ "Especially over Juan Diaz? *sigh* anyways what's your point? whatever it is, just make it and stop babbling so much.

You think it's a good idea to fight J. Diaz after he lose to Marquez at 135 instead of Hatton at 140?
                      Why would I think that? If I would have thought that, I would have mentioned 2009 as my time period. Hence why I stayed between late 2007/early 2008 period. Do you know how to read?

The first time Juan Diaz fought an elite fighter he lose
                      Not true, he fought and beat a couple of elite LWs. Again, this is something you would have known if you watched boxing before Dec 6, 2008.

and his next 5 fights he also lost those 3. He won against Paul Malignaggi but lose in the rematch and lose again to Marquez.
                      What's your point?

So it's just right to call someone was a hype job if can't compete at the highest level when he stepped up, right?
                      No it's not the right call you F'ing idiot. If you do not know about the subject then don't put your 2 cents in it. You don't go to the type of run that Juan Diaz had by being a hype-job you moron. It's quite clearly that you just looking at boxrec because you wasn't watching boxing at the time. So you really don't know the top LWs Diaz beat. Maybe you should just STFU.

You made no points in this post, all you did was get your panties in a bunch cuz you ASSUMED that the point was Pac avoided Juan Diaz. Where nobody even came close to saying anything like that. And, you proceed to show your lack of boxing knowledge by insinuating that Juan Diaz was a hype-job. And, then went on to look at boxrec to see opponents and dates *sigh*

smh.

Comment

Working...
                      X