Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knockout punchers with glass jaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edison Miranda. I mean everytime he gets stopped he goes unconscious. I know he takes a beating if he's not giving one but for the most part if he's not out muscling people he's going unconscious. And it's sad because I love watching him fight.

Jermain Taylor although that Pavlik fight was ****in crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      NO, only one of them will be fighting. Don't forget that Haye, heavy puncher though he may be, showed this against mostly undistinguished 200 lb'ers who likely were boiled down 225 lb'ers. And there's amply proof that he has a rather shaky chin.

Klitschko, on the contrary, was not fighting against guys who had the handicap of making weight, and also, has shown, ever since the strange Brewster no punch TKO, where he just collapsed sick, and had to be half carried by the ref to his corner. I recall that he even fell from the ref's grip.

Klitschko deliberately JUMPED at the opportunity inhis very next fight, of takig on the fearsome KO Killer, Samuel Peter. And, in the fight itself, ignoring all the rabbit punch, shoulder push and rope catapult "down's", took enough solid punches to show that he had a GOOD chin, and even though he won every round, looked ready to go another 12.

people who KNOW boxing, of whom there are only few on this board, will agree with my comments. The majority, will not.

I couldn't care less. I am a truthful and observant guy. And, G-D forbid, NOBODY'S FAN!!

If I wasn't busy with other matters, I could make a career of correcting the ignorance and malice of most of the posters.
      LOL "fearsine KO Killer" - Peter didn't KO anyone of worth.

Comment

Originally posted by VolumePuncher View Post
        Plus Douglas did everything short of kill him in order to KO him. I've seen some strong chins, but if you see the uppercut Douglas hit him with in the last combination he threw, no one's going to take that shot and keep going. I mean not only was he battered as hell already, but he leaned into it AND it hit him on the perfect spot.
        Yeah, those were some brutal shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
          I think the problem with them was that they were so offensive minded that they were caught off guard when their opponents threw back. A lot of the times when those two were dropped, they were being caught between punches or while on the attack.

To me, the best example of a chinny guy with big KO power is Tommy Hearns.

Some big punchers with strong chins are Vitali Klitschko, Marvin Hagler, George Foreman and Sugar Ray Robinson.
          Very good valid points.

Comment

Earnie Shavers was a glass cannon, first that came to mind.

Comment

Ron Lyle has to be number 1. Also Earnie Shavers.

Both had nukes in each fist, but no WMD shelter on the chin.

Comment

Floyd Patterson had very good power and a glass chin like no other.

He also got up more often then anybody.

Pure heart.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                  Can anyone think of examples of guys with monster power but prone to being knocked out themselves???

i'm not going to go on the limb and crucify anybody for "glasschinnedness" who has fought his way onto tv consistently

however, your question:
                  Can anyone think of examples of guys with monster power but prone to being knocked out themselves???

is a very valid question, and i'll throw some names out there

randall bailey
                  julian jackson
                  ernie shavers

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    Edison Miranda. I mean everytime he gets stopped he goes unconscious. I know he takes a beating if he's not giving one but for the most part if he's not out muscling people he's going unconscious. And it's sad because I love watching him fight.

Jermain Taylor although that Pavlik fight was ****in crazy.

funny and true and a good addition.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                      add James Kirkland to that list

burned

Comment

Working...
                      X