Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooo, what's next for Gamboa now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Gamboa-JuanMa would still happen before the year is over. They are the best 2 at the division and should fight- regardless of that loss. Give JuanMa and Gamboa a summer tune-up and then lets do in November/December.

There will always be time in the future to avenge Salido. However, the real pay day and the fight the fans want seems to be with Gamboa.

Comment

I wouldnt mind Gamboa vs Rafa and Juanma vs Salido 2 with the winners facing off.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Move to 130 win a title and wait for Juanma 2012. Arum will catch in on that fight since Juanma already lost once and Gamboa is soon to follow, so teh safe and smart thing is move to 130, kick Fana's or Burn''s ass and the Juanma fight in june 2012!
        I like this. I want him to beat Chris John the **** up but if not then I would like him to bump up to 130, win a title so of Lopez can get redemption and moves up that fight makes all the sense in the world.

Comment

Move to 130 win a title and wait for Juanma 2012. Arum will catch in on that fight since Juanma already lost once and Gamboa is soon to follow, so teh safe and smart thing is move to 130, kick Fana's or Burn''s ass and the Juanma fight in june 2012!
          Against whom is Yuri supposed to lose "soon" to? That monster's been growing bigger by the fight.

Comment

he should fight jhonny gonzalez... he will get sparked!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              First off, I would be so pissed at Arum for not making the biggest payday of his career. Now that's gone. At least for a year or two.

What should he do from here?

Stay at 126?
              Move to 130?

Who can he fight?

The biggest name at 126 is Rafael Marquez at this point. The best fight is Chris John but that can't happen. There aren't really any big names at 130 either.
              Why can't the fight against John happen? Gamboa says he's willing to fight Chris, which ought to mean that he's willing to travel to Indonesia. In the absence of JuanMa, I would love to see that match-up. I wouldn't mind seeing a fight against Marquez, either. Rafa would make for a decent fight, although he's seen better days.

Yuri's problem is that 130 is weak, but 135 begins to push the envelope of his physical capacity. In my opinion, Gamboa's build probably limits him to 135, 140, tops. Once he makes the move to 135, the competition toughens up quickly. We'll see what "El Ciclon" is truly made of when that day comes.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Why can't the fight against John happen? Gamboa says he's willing to fight Chris, which ought to mean that he's willing to travel to Indonesia. In the absence of JuanMa, I would love to see that match-up. I wouldn't mind seeing a fight against Marquez, either. Rafa would make for a decent fight, although he's seen better days.

Yuri's problem is that 130 is weak, but 135 begins to push the envelope of his physical capacity. In my opinion, Gamboa's build probably limits him to 135, 140, tops. Once he makes the move to 135, the competition toughens up quickly. We'll see what "El Ciclon" is truly made of when that day comes.
                Dude Gamboa at 135 will look small as ****, Im a average size men and I looked like a monster when we stand side to side. Juanma is quite bigger than him too. Not just tall but bigger. I say 130 tops and 135 pushes the envelop but his athleticism will carry him through at 140 he simply gets KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Against whom is Yuri supposed to lose "soon" to? That monster's been growing bigger by the fight.
                  Anybody with a decent punch, just like what happend to Juanma or worst.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v4 View Post
                    he should fight jhonny gonzalez... he will get sparked!
                    There's a name I haven't read in connection with Gamboa. If that fight is ever made, look me up for a wager.

Comment

Anybody with a decent punch, just like what happend to Juanma or worst.
                      Salido has a decent punch. Just ask JuanMa.

Comment

Working...
                      X