Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

williams, kirkland, hatton, montiel have "no chin"??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    lmao..

Ko ratio
    sergio martinez = 50%
    nobuhiro ishida = 25%
    manny pacquiao = 66%
    nonito donaire = 66%
    breidis prescott = 76%

who the **** other than khan has presscott fought that is worth a damn? I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      PWill has a pretty good chin actually, he just got caught with a perfect shot he didn't see coming from Sergio- a strong MW. He was in a war with Martinez the first fight and ate some bombs and his chin has been tested in the past.

Kirkland has a pretty questionable chin.

Hatton had a decent chin. Just got cracked by guys who were in a different league.

Montiel- the fact that he was able to beat the count after that hellacious left hook from Donaire speaks volumes about his chin and toughness.

Berto- now there's a guy with absolutely no whiskers. Some of the punches that had him on the canvas looked like routine punches, no power behind them, especially the one Ortiz hit him with in the 6th- Andre went down like he got shot from a soft check hook. His legs were completely gone by the first too from average punches. Plus, he showed a weak chin in previous fights.
      nice evaluation but you missed out your thoughts on khan..

and also berto hasn't been ko'd so he doesn't fit into the criteria for the question.. this is specifically about people who been ko'd early and been on the canvas before.. and if a boxer meets those two criteria does it instantly mean they have zero chin?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

who the **** other than khan has presscott fought that is worth a damn? I rest my case.
        lol.. that's beside the point.. you think all the big names were jumping at the chance to fight prescott after he ko'd a weight-drained khan (and had a 90% ko ratio at the time)?

everyone knows by now the main reason khan got ko'd was because he was real weak at 135 and his new (one-fight only) trainer told him to attack prescott and not try to outbox him.. what a great gameplan against a knockout artist.. a stroke of genius!

if he had such a bad chin he would have been ko'd by maidana when he landed some bombs but he didnt even hit the canvas, maidana did.

Comment

i didn't make a statement.. i just asked the question.. lol
          The comment wasn't directed at you.

Comment

lol.. that's beside the point.. you think all the big names were jumping at the chance to fight prescott after he ko'd a weight-drained khan (and had a 90% ko ratio at the time)?

everyone knows by now the main reason khan got ko'd was because he was real weak at 135 and his new (one-fight only) trainer told him to attack prescott and not try to outbox him.. what a great gameplan against a knockout artist.. a stroke of genius!

if he had such a bad chin he would have been ko'd by maidana when he landed some bombs but he didnt even hit the canvas, maidana did.

nah son... khan got KTFO by presscot cause he is chinny.

a shot morales took maidana's punches better than khan. A SHOT MORALES FOR **** SAKE!!!

khan is chinny. end of discussion

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              The comment wasn't directed at you.
              oh i thought you missed the point for a sec.. my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

nah son... khan got KTFO by presscot cause he is chinny.

a shot morales took maidana's punches better than khan. A SHOT MORALES FOR **** SAKE!!!

khan is chinny. end of discussion
                then your boy ortiz *must* be chinny for getting KTFO by maidana? lmao..

even a SHOT morales took his shots.. lol

Comment

GYG boxing is actually a pretty good show. I dont listen to it anymore but I dont listen to any boxing shows anymore like I use to

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    GYG boxing is actually a pretty good show. I dont listen to it anymore but I dont listen to any boxing shows anymore like I use to
                    its pretty good, lots of different opinions.. it was only one of the hosts which still says khan has no chin.. all the other hosts reminded him of maidana then the dude quiet down and smoked a joint..

i started listening to more boxing shows, put them on the mp3 player. why'd you stop?

Comment

I think Paul Williams has one of the best chins in boxing.. He has taken some ROCKETS to the chin in his career and just recently got caught.

The only guy on that list whose chin is questionable is Kirkland.. Really, we didnt know about his chin because (as stupid as this may sound) no one has REALLY tested it before Ishida. I think the jury is still out until proven otherwise.

As far as Khan, i think his chin is as advertised, a little shaky but reliable. Maidana put the leather to his ass a few times and he didnt go down. Impressive IMO...

Comment

Working...
                      X